What is "Any Lab Test Now!" ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Napoleon1801

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Is this a legitimate business operation or just a money laundering scheme? Is there that much direct-to-consumer test business out there that you can open up a franchise to be essentially a phlebotomy draw site?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Is this a legitimate business operation or just a money laundering scheme? Is there that much direct-to-consumer test business out there that you can open up a franchise to be essentially a phlebotomy draw site?

Well, I know business like this is big for occupational and drug testing stuff. There are also a lot of people who want all manner of other ridiculous lab tests done on themselves…. so there probably is that much business. Not sure I’d disagree with money laundering too though, lol.

Well, I know business like this is big for occupational and drug testing stuff. There are also a lot of people who want all manner of other ridiculous lab tests done on themselves…. so there probably is that much business. Not sure I’d disagree with money laundering too though, lol.

It just seems like if you don't own your lab and you simply pass it off to Labcorp or Quest, I can't imagine there is much margin. I would also think that with the number of draw sites Labcorp and Quest already have, this would be a narrow niche.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is no way there is much money in this. I could be wrong but I declare "scam".

It just seems like if you don't own your lab and you simply pass it off to Labcorp or Quest, I can't imagine there is much margin. I would also think that with the number of draw sites Labcorp and Quest already have, this would be a narrow niche.

No idea. I’m from oil boom country in the midwest and we had quite a few of these types of occ health DOT etc collection sites and there seemed to be enough to indicate decent demand. i know nothing of the business side though. it’s a good question.

we also have a phd with no clinical fellowship who opened up a testing site. it started with drug testing and has since expanded. somehow they were doing cbc‘s from some adult daycare center in arizona? their analyzer crashed so they asked our clinic lab to run samples for them one time. I know some med techs who worked there. it’s as sketch as it sounds. they don’t try to be shady, they just don’t know what they don’t know about clinical testing, qc, qa, proper validations, etc. like researcher only background only folks tend to be.

No idea. I’m from oil boom country in the midwest and we had quite a few of these types of occ health DOT etc collection sites and there seemed to be enough to indicate decent demand. i know nothing of the business side though. it’s a good question.

we also have a phd with no clinical fellowship who opened up a testing site. it started with drug testing and has since expanded. somehow they were doing cbc‘s from some adult daycare center in arizona? their analyzer crashed so they asked our clinic lab to run samples for them one time. I know some med techs who worked there. it’s as sketch as it sounds. they don’t try to be shady, they just don’t know what they don’t know about clinical testing, qc, qa, proper validations, etc. like researcher only background only folks tend to be.
Don't they still have to get lab certification? Wouldn't they still have to pass inspections?

Don't they still have to get lab certification? Wouldn't they still have to pass inspections?

Yes.

However it’s not hard to BS stuff for an inspection. I’ve watched shady places pass cuz their policies look good but they aren’t actually really following them in real life and it’s kinda scary.