What is a average salary???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EdCadore

Pre-Something Student
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the average salary for a Oto???

And do Oto work pirmary as their own practice or join a gorup???

Members don't see this ad.

EdCadore said:
What is the average salary for a Oto???

Look on salary.com for a gross idea.

Oto's, just like any subspecialty, can do either. It varies a great deal from location to location.

The American Academy of Oto-HNS lists the average salary for an ENT in practice for 5 years as of 2003 to be $245,000. Varies based on location and size of practice substantially. I've gotten offers of 375K for really rural areas and offers as low as 150k for desirable urban settings and this is just for a first year starting guarantee.

I REALLY like having joined a guy with 20 + years experience. I show him new things and he shows me new stuff as well. We operate together on all open neck cases, which makes things go faster and more fun. Plus, having just started the practice, I operate a lot more than I would have if I had gone solo. For example, I have signed up no thyroid cases or parathyroids, but have done 5-6 thyroid/parathyroids in the last 2 months.

Another reason, I really like joining a group or a partner is that he will send me cases that he doesn't want to do, like a stapes this month and a BAHA next month.

Yet one more reason: if I don't feel comfortable doing a case, like a complicated rhinoplasty, then he scrubs in with me and I learn new operative skills AFTER residency.