What happens when you send unofficial DAT sores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student192341

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took DAT last week and sent my unofficial scores to schools I applied to. I submitted my app in early July. What happens when you send unofficial DAT scores? Can they start sending interviews with unofficial DAT scores? or do they wait for DAT scores to be verified to send interviews? I am confused how unofficial DAT scores works to move forward in the admissions process

Members don't see this ad.

Some programs will use the unofficial score report to complete your application and review it soon afterwards without official scores being yet available. In this case, you may receive an interview invite before official scores are processed. Other programs won’t allow unofficial scores for application completion and will only review your application upon receipt of official scores. Many programs tell applicants whether they accept unofficial score reports on their admissions website—if no information is listed, emailing individual programs beforehand would be prudent.

Reactions: 1 user