what happens when school calls us by telephone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i was just curious when the schools call us for interview invite. Do they ask us questions, have a genral conversation over the phone and then invite us for interview. or is it like someone from admission's office calls u to inform for interview and schedules the interview (no conversation, no questions,etc).

plz stress on OCPM,Scholls, barry and AZPOD

Members don't see this ad.

Hey i was just curious when the schools call us for interview invite. Do they ask us questions, have a genral conversation over the phone and then invite us for interview. or is it like someone from admission's office calls u to inform for interview and schedules the interview (no conversation, no questions,etc).

Only school that called me was OCPM.

I set up an interview with them. Then they happen to call me again after I interviewed at Scholl, just to make sure I was still comming within the end of the week and I told them I already found the school I will be attending. But thanks anyway.

They did have a really friendly older lady do the phone calls, so I wouldn't sweat it if they called you.

I realize you're a pre pod but your questions tend to be outrageous and sometimes very juvenile. These ?'s are so random, yet threads are dedicated to trying to answer why a phone rings -- if at all.

Don't you think you should be a bit more composed rather than jump onto sdn with any random "whatever"-type question, that seemingly pops in your head, about anything pseudo-related to medicine is concerned? How in the world will you handle yourself in front of an interview panel jumping around mentally like a kangaroo?

I mean no disrespect when I say this but rather am trying to show you opportunities, where builidng poise would certainly help develop the character and maturity you will need to enter a profession or professional school for that matter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Only school that called me was OCPM.

I set up an interview with them. Then they happen to call me again after I interviewed at Scholl, just to make sure I was still comming within the end of the week and I told them I already found the school I will be attending. But thanks anyway.

They did have a really friendly older lady do the phone calls, so I wouldn't sweat it if they called you.

No i guess i didnt wrote what i actually meant. I want to know how are we informed that we are invited for interview.if they give us a call then do they talk for a few minutes (questions, friendly conversations,etc and then invite us for interview) or they just call saying u r invited for interview and what dates are suitable for us. or are we notified for interview by mail or email.

We'll soon find out for ourselves, just be yourself and make sure you didn't make any further errors on the app. GL!

I realize you're a pre pod but your questions tend to be outrageous and sometimes very juvenile. These ?'s are so random, yet threads are dedicated to trying to answer why a phone rings -- if at all.

Don't you think you should be a bit more composed rather than jump onto sdn with any random "whatever"-type question, that seemingly pops in your head, about anything pseudo-related to medicine is concerned? How in the world will you handle yourself in front of an interview panel jumping around mentally like a kangaroo?

I mean no disrespect when I say this but rather am trying to show you opportunities, where builidng poise would certainly help develop the character and maturity you will need to enter a profession or professional school for that matter.

oh common man! do u want me to call Admission's office for these simple questions. They gonna kick me. Thats why i ask SDN people. I know my questions are silly and stupid. hey but thats why we have forums where we can ask questions. Now i know this question was way off the limit. sorry.

i am busy with school and work and i keep my cell phone off during day time. so i was curious if that interview invite is a formal phone conversation or just a notification (which they can leave in my voice mail). man iam too excited. dont worry dude i wont let podiatry name down if i god willing i bcom a podiatrist. i will behave maturely.

These ?'s are so random, yet threads are dedicated to trying to answer why a phone rings -- if at all.

Oh man :laugh: this quote was so funny. u r absolutely right. i guess i will act a bit more responsibly. actually my next post was should i give cell phone number or homephone numberor:laugh: but i guess i will not post that.:laugh: thanks man. u always come late in night and make me realize my mistakes. i really appreciate it.

cool, I didn't mean to dampen your enthusiasm or come on too strong but I wanted you to look objectively at how you're coming off. Don't make yourself look bad or silly by asking ?'s, that sound like you went off the deepend. Yes, it's great you are excited but temper that excitement with sensiblity and collectedness -- not utter insanity and ditzi-ness.

Best of luck in the admissions process. I hope you get in where you want to go. Just remember to act sane at ALL times. :)

cool, I didn't mean to dampen your enthusiasm or come on too strong but I wanted you to look objectively at how you're coming off. Don't make yourself look bad or silly by asking ?'s, that sound like you went off the deepend. Yes, it's great you are excited but temper that excitement with sensiblity and collectedness -- not utter insanity and ditzi-ness.

Best of luck in the admissions process. I hope you get in where you want to go. Just remember to act sane at ALL times. :)

thanks bro. i just recieved an email from Barry for interview Invite. I guess iam on right way.