What happens if I accept one school now, then a different one later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEE ADAMA WILLIAMS

Reaction score
Got an acceptance letter from one of the schools I interviewed with, i have ONE WEEK, to respond.

The school that I really want to go to sent me an interview offer for the spring. I plan to attend it

If I accept School A's offer, but later get one for school B, can I withdrawal my application to school A? and accept the one from School B?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn’t worry since both schools will be begging you to enroll either way.

Got an acceptance letter from one of the schools I interviewed with, i have ONE WEEK, to respond.

The school that I really want to go to sent me an interview offer for the spring. I plan to attend it

If I accept School A's offer, but later get one for school B, can I withdrawal my application to school A? and accept the one from School B?

School A is asking for a deposit to secure your seat. Many people pay the deposit as a back-up plan. Once you interview to your #1 school of choice and get accepted, you can withdraw from your previous acceptance. You will lose the deposit and pay another deposit for School B.

Only reason this would not work out is if you applied as early decision (though at this stage that wouldn't be the case).

Members don't see this ad :)
I would just say you got fooled not once, but twice.

I dont care too much about the opinions of spoiled rich kids who want to make six figures when they are 24 and have NEVER worked in any other industry before. Spoiled kids can go be NPs or PA's please

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
LOL

K.

Just pay the deposit and rescind the acceptance if you get a better deal

OK zoomer (?)

I would re

Before paying the deposit to hold your seat for school A, I would reach out to them and just be honest with them. Tell them you are still waiting for a response from other schools and if there’s any way they can extend your deadline.
This happened to me as well and my school A was very generous and extended my deadline by one month. If a school really wants you, they’ll work with you. But if your interview is like in March or something, I highly doubt school A will give you that much time (that’s too much to ask for).