What happens if AMCAS reclassifies classes during verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kddong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have courses that are in the psychology department, but are purely neuroscience in content so I am classifying as BIO.

What happens in the event that AMCAS reclassifies? Will they return my application and require me to resubmit? Or will they change it themselves, thereby completing the verification process? I do not want to delay this process.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

They'll change it if they see fit and will notify you, but no action needs to be taken on your part if that happens...unless you want to appeal the decision. Just be smart about which ones you classify as Bio. Make it look like you put thought into it and they'll let more slide.

(If anyone has applied more recently than me and had a different experience, please chime in with corrections)

Reactions: 1 user
In all likelihood, they won't. Be reasonable about it (ie no "French literature" as physics) and you should be fine. Appeal as necessary if your sGPA is iffy; shouldn't effect your chances in the long term by being a week later.

I got blatantly nonscience courses through no problemo (think "intro to sports medicine" which was basically me training with the football team for a season).