What ECs will count?

Teneo

I ain't even mad.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, here's the deal.

I'm a homeschooled high school senior who has been taking a handful of community college courses for the past few years, so I've more or less been "In college" for a couple years now. After this year, I'll be graduating from high school and transferring to a public university as a college sophomore.

I know that adcoms/AMCAS only care about ECs during college and not those from high school. My question, though, is whether or not any ECs I've done while enrolled as a CC student will count for anything. Technically I'm not graduated from high school yet, but I've also been a college student while doing some of these ECs.

So, will they count for anything?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say the CC ECs do count, just IMO though.

You will also have to send in a transcript of your CC classes when applying to med school because the classes that you took then will count.

ECs that are continuously doing in college can be considered on the application. However, ECs you just did in high school but not in college will not be considered.

Members don't see this ad :)
ECs that are continuously doing in college can be considered on the application. However, ECs you just did in high school but not in college will not be considered.

So, are you saying that any ECs that I continue doing after transferring will count, but not the ones that I discontinue?

I think it depends on the EC's. I mean, I started volunteering towards the end of my senior year in high school, but I'm still going to list the total number of volunteering hours I did.