What do you do with your baggage while at the interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PxThree

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what people do with their baggage while they are at the interview, since most hotels have check-out around 11 or 12. When I interviewed in Chicago I had a friend come with me so I just left it in the car but since I'm flying out to Boston by myself, i'm not sure what to do with it. Do you just ask the hotel if they'd be able to hold it for you? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

PxThree said:
I was just wondering what people do with their baggage while they are at the interview, since most hotels have check-out around 11 or 12. When I interviewed in Chicago I had a friend come with me so I just left it in the car but since I'm flying out to Boston by myself, i'm not sure what to do with it. Do you just ask the hotel if they'd be able to hold it for you? Thanks

If you have time to go back to the hotel before you leave the city, you could probably ask the front desk to store it for you for the day. If that doesn't work for you, try to pack light in a smaller suitcase so that its easier to travel with. The admissions office is more than happy to store it for you while you're there, they are used to out-of-town interviewees. You spend all that money and time getting there, its the least they could do, right!

Just bring it with you to the school. Like the previous poster said, they are use to it. They will be happy to put it in a back room while you are there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always went straight to the airport after I left the school, so I always had my luggage with me. The admissions office just put my luggage in a back room. It worked fine.

Sounds good, thanks