Opening a cold start-up business while at the same time planning to get married! Is the idea insane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spectacles_tx123

Reaction score
Is opening a cold start-up business while planning to get married impossible to be done?

Members don't see this ad.

I got married, bought a house, and bought a large existing practice all in the same month.
I owed over $800K before I had earned $1!
Was scary, but also a great motivator to work hard and be a great optometrist!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have the marriage thing to worry about and I'm still worried about the start-up I'm working on! I'm wondering if there would be a good thread on here to look for partners. Too many constraints doing all the work on one's own.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have the marriage thing to worry about and I'm still worried about the start-up I'm working on! I'm wondering if there would be a good thread on here to look for partners. Too many constraints doing all the work on one's own.
You don't need a partner.

Almost all cold starts are done by a single Doctor.

Where do you hear that? Osmosis was a few school friends. Same with Sketchy Medical from my understanding. Best thing bounce ideas off someone sand decrease personal bias IMO

Where do you hear that? Osmosis was a few school friends. Same with Sketchy Medical from my understanding. Best thing bounce ideas off someone sand decrease personal bias IMO
I guess I wasn't sure what you meant by looking for partners. This is a really good blog by an Ophthalmologist who blogged down to very specific details on how he and another one both started their own practices.

Solo Building Blogs