What did you enjoy/learn at the USCAP meeting in Vancouver?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arterial

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering what everyone thought of the just completed USCAP meeting. I loved the venue and learned quite a bit.

What was the best session/forum/poster/platform etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Vancouver was a pretty sweet city. The best part was snowboarding at Whistler :cool:

Whistler was amazing, and the drive on the Sea to Sky Highway was beautiful.

Though if anyone else took the Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver, which in itself was great, and you happened to use the shade-ball ATM within the Vancouver station, check the fraud alert status of your card--me and a fellow resident got our Debit cards "skimmed". April 1st, I had $650 in withdrawls from Canada and Las Vegas, my friend $1400.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whistler was amazing, and the drive on the Sea to Sky Highway was beautiful.

Though if anyone else took the Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver, which in itself was great, and you happened to use the shade-ball ATM within the Vancouver station, check the fraud alert status of your card--me and a fellow resident got our Debit cards "skimmed". April 1st, I had $650 in withdrawls from Canada and Las Vegas, my friend $1400.

:eek:

Holy crap that sucks.
That's why I only use credit for everything.

In general the credit card company or issuing bank covers it without question and just sends you a new card. They also are usually pretty quick to notice abnormal spending, lock the card, and call you (at least, they've been very good to me about such). Is that the case with debit cards?

Haven't had much Canada time since a rotation in Calgary (with not much free time), but find that part of the world quite picturesque, especially beyond the city limits.

In general the credit card company or issuing bank covers it without question and just sends you a new card. They also are usually pretty quick to notice abnormal spending, lock the card, and call you (at least, they've been very good to me about such). Is that the case with debit cards?

Haven't had much Canada time since a rotation in Calgary (with not much free time), but find that part of the world quite picturesque, especially beyond the city limits.

Not only that, but the "skimming" referred to by the OP is by devices that are attached to unattended ATMs (or perhaps fraudulent ATMs). This doesn't happen with credit cards because they are not used this way. Now, your waiter could copy your credit card number too, or your number could be stolen from on-line use. But all you need to do to get your money back is file a fraudulent use claim and get a new card.

I enjoyed viewing some good looking residents.

Dr Hart's lecture in the Roger Haggitt GI session on Sunday was absolutely hilarious. He should give a talk every year.

This was a path conference, right?

If any of you have ever been to a derm conference, you got to go. I went to one a few years back and they were handing out free stuff like it was nothing. Dove body soap, Neutrogena, you name it. I came home with two luggages full of free goods. Not only that but there were some beautiful models that companies were testing their products on. It was like a huge party with a lot of after parties sponsored by companies. I realized derm really has it good, if you like it.

Did the "shortage of pathologists" issue come up at the conference ??