what can dental student do during the summer to earn extra cash?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smooth Operater

don't bug "operatEr"!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what can dental student do during the summer to earn extra cash by working in dental related field? I can only think of dental research, but does students usually get paid for summer research? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

what can dental student do during the summer to earn extra cash by working in dental related field? I can only think of dental research, but does students usually get paid for summer research? Thanks.

Sell your body to science.

Volunteer for research research with laughing gas!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're willing to find a dentist in Massachusetts to employ you, MA gives you your dental hygiene license if you complete two years of dental school and pass your boards. (Your school's dean has to give permission, too.) You can get up to $50/hour, I imagine!

Otherwise, just be a PSR (receptionist) for AspenDental ;)

Do research in the summer. It boosts your resume, you make faculty connections, and you get paid a lot - and usually tax-free if it's an NIH grant. I do research at my school and make close to 4K tax-free for putting as much or as little time into the project as I can handle.