What are the must-buy books at UHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettymean

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is probably posted some where on this board, but I lost the track on it. Can some of the MSI and MSII tell us what are the must-buy books at UHS to avoid unnecessary expenses?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

None of them are must buy. The Library has them all, people in your study group will have them and most if not all test questions come from the notes and lectures. I bought all the books and more that weren't even on the list. At the beginning of my third year, most were still in the wrapping. The ones that I used were netters, the physio book (guyton), robbins path, a board review biochem, a board review neuro anatomy book ( I liked BRS), and most importantly a pocket medical dictionary. The rest were unopened. I used my groups stuff or the library's stuff for everything else. In your second year buy first aid to study for boards. Good Luck.

These are the ONLY books I used in year 1:

Netter's (head & shoulders above Grant's)

Moore-Dalley Clinical Anatomy (really useful come Oct.)

BRS Path (a must have)

Any histo atlas (though you can get a CD-ROM version from the library and burn a copy for free)

Dubin's EKG book (wait til Dec-Jan to buy)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
A medical dictionary is a must as well. I recommend the Stedman - I have the concise version and it has been more than adequate.
I have also used Robbin's pathology, Netter's Atlas and Moore Dalley Clinical Anatomy extensively.
with regards

I concur with the list. Two others I would recommend is BRS for Physiology (used it tons in cardio and respiratory) and Clinical Micro made ridiculously simple

Chris

Buy the Big Robbins!!! Trust me on this one.

Big Robbins.... WHATEVAAAH!

Laurel,
Don't make me come down to Ft Sammy this summer and put the beat down on you. You know Big Rob is the greatest book ever printed.