Buy UWorld USMLE or COMPLEX in DO School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Meow

9 lives ain't enough
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to take both. However, I see the COMLEX as just something to pass. And the USMLE as something I should do well in (Even though Step1 is all pass fail now). Since I assume it's the USMLE that'll give me better access to specialties so I want to focus on USMLE.

So my question is mainly, I'm not sure which UWORLD set to go for.
Logically, a DO should do COMPLEX prep. But is there a case to ditch the COMLEX and go full out USMLE prep?

I'm OMS1 btw, so I'm still a ways away.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the recommendation is to study using USMLE prep and take COMLEX a week or so afterwards so you have a week to cram OMM

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
I'm definitely going to take both. However, I see the COMLEX as just something to pass. And the USMLE as something I should do well in (Even though Step1 is all pass fail now). Since I assume it's the USMLE that'll give me better access to specialties so I want to focus on USMLE.

So my question is mainly, I'm not sure which UWORLD set to go for.
Logically, a DO should do COMPLEX prep. But is there a case to ditch the COMLEX and go full out USMLE prep?

I'm OMS1 btw, so I'm still a ways away.
The COMLEX package included Step 1 qbank, thats why it is more expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
But they're basically the same price
$719 - USMLE
$749 - COMLEX
So I wonder if the OMM material is the only difference?

$719 - USMLE
$749 - COMLEX
Sounds about right, OMM is worth only 30 bucks lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
$719 - USMLE
$749 - COMLEX
That extra $30 is about 125 OMM questions, but the step 1 stuff is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only read the title of this post, but the answer is ALWAYS Uworld.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Yes, the recommendation is to study using USMLE prep and take COMLEX a week or so afterwards so you have a week to cram OMM
I’ve had a bunch of people at my school say a week was too long and they wish they scheduled them 2 days apart. Shows how useful COMLEX is

Reactions: 1 user