What are some other existing programs similar to the GEMS program at Georgetown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mr2trd3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow URM's!

I'm just wondering if there are any other programs out there similar to the GEMS program at Georgetown that focuses on recruiting underrepresented minorities. If anyone knows of any, please share!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

UCSF has a minority program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, Wake forest, Georgetown, Uconn, SIU, OSU, The New York Post bacc however, you could prob do a quick search or just read the first page of this sub-forum to avail yourself of the information.

Thanks for all the help guys.

DoctorAK, is that the full list of all programs? I am wanting to apply to as many as I can in hopes of getting into a medical program.

Do all of these programs promise a placement into their affiliated medical school class? If so, which programs are known to be worthwhile? I've read that Georgetown U is bad.

Hi mr2trd3,
Just wondering, what did you read about Georgetown being bad? Were you referring to the GEMS program or the medical school? Thanks so much!