What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcs1225

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I would love for some feedback as far as what my chances are of getting into schools. I'm applying to the following DPT programs on this cycle:

UTMB, UTEP, University of the Incarnate Word, University of Oklahoma HSC, University of Delaware, University of St. Augustine, UTHSC (San Antonio), Texas Women's University, Drexel, TTU HSC, UT Southwestern, University of Arkansas Medical Sciences, UNT HSC, Temple, and San Diego State University

Here are my stats:

Undergraduate degree: University of Texas at Austin
Involvement: Kinesiology Club, Alpha Chi Omega (Pledge Class President, Philanthropy Day Chair, Blog and Publications Chair), UT Competitive Dance Team, Sports Nutrition Intern for UT Football, Volunteer in Gender and Health Equity Studies Lab, Austin Marathon Volunteer

Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.82
GRE Scores: 155 V, 154 Q, 4 W
LOR: 2 from PT's (both of which are alumni of schools I am applying to) and 1 from a UT prof
Observation hours: 345 total (but currently have about 20 more planned)
-260 outpatient sports therapy clinic (+aquatic therapy)
-70 pre-school for developmentally delayed children
-15 inpatient skilled nursing facility

My greatest concern is that I will be applying with 3 outstanding prereqs... Biology 2, A&P 2, and Physics 2. I will be taking Biology 2 and A&P 2 in the fall of 2019 and Physics 2 in the spring of 2020. All of the schools that I am applying to allow for this, but I'm worried it'll still hurt my chances.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as the schools allow you to have 3 incomplete pre-reqs, you will be totally fine. Your stats are right on par with where they should be, maybe even a bit above average. You’ll get in! I’d even narrow down your list of schools to save money, 15 is a ton with stats as good as yours.

Reactions: 1 user
You are above the normal. I would recommend the same as the person did above. Too many schools on your list that will cost you money. Pick your favorites/top picks while also keeping a couple for sures on the list. You are well on track and dont need that many schools. I know schools down South can be competitive due to state tuitions being cheaper (I didn’t apply to that area) but even with that I think you are looking fine with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, you have competitive stats and shouldn't worry. I had lower stats and also thought I needed to apply to 12+ schools, but I got accepted into both in-state and out-of-state programs, so don't waste your time/money applying out of state. I'll also mention I'm from Texas and applied to similar schools, so yea, you got a great chance!

You are fine! Nothing to worry about. If schools say they are ok with 3 outstanding prereqs, they are ok with that and will not use it against you. Good luck! (although you do not need luck since your stats are very good lol)
Agreed with the posts above: no need to apply to soo many schools considering your good stats, especially if you have to pay fees for each school.

We have similar stats. However, I had a lower gre than you, and was accepted to 4 of the Texas schools you listed! The outstanding classes won't hurt you most of my classmates had outstanding classes.