What are my chances? (Very unique path into medical school).

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted830324

I just graduated high school in May of 2017. I graduated with a 2.5 GPA and a weak math and science foundation. I decided to take a semester off and will be attending my local community college in the spring. I already took my math placement exam and did absolutely awful, I placed in Algebra 1 and will have to start there and work my way up! While attending my community college and plan on working at the current fast food restaurant I work at as well as volunteering and job shadowing. Here's my schedule for the next few years while at the community college. I did take a few dual grad classes while in high school and here are the grades I made in them, these do go on my college transcript but I plan on retaking Geo and Composition 1 to make an A and the A will count towards my GPA and replace the old grade, but the old grade will still show up! So I could still possibly make a 4.0 GPA at my CC.

High School
World Regional Geography C-
Composition 1 D+
Intro To Psychology A

Spring 2018
Intro To General Chemistry
Algebra 1

Summer 2018
Algebra 2
Elementary Spanish 2

Fall 2018
General Biology 1
Composition 1
General Chemistry 1
College Algebra

Spring 2019
General Biology 2
General Chemistry 2
Composition 2
Pre Calculus

Summer 2019
Intro To Organic/Biochem
Intro To Computers

Fall 2019
Organic Chemistry 1
College Physics1
Calculus 1

Spring 2020
Organic Chemistry 2
College Physics 2
Statistics
Public Speaking

Summer 2020
Intro To Literature
Intro To Ethics

Fall 2020
World Regional Geography
Intro To Sociology

I will transfer to the local four year university I plan on attending in the fall of 2021 and majoring in Biology m. I plan on doing something volunteer wise or job shadow wise or may becoming a scribe between the time I graduate from the CC to when I start at my four year university. I will still have to take Biochemistry to fulfill the rest of my requirements and will be taking upper level course such as genetics and evolution etc. The curriculum also requires that you do research or do some sort of shadowing or internship, so I plan on doing research while continuing to work at the restaurant at work at as well as jobs shadowing and volunteering at the same hospital I did while at the community college. I also plan on job shadowing at a couple different places. I really would like to get accepted into an allopathic school but I know because of my community college background, it might be more realistic to focus on getting into a osteopathic school but I know it's too early to tell! I haven't taken the MCAT yet and still have time to earn a high GPA! What else should I do to ale myself very competitive, I can't think of anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator: