What are my chances of getting a C in anatomy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

h0td0g

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
We recently had anatomy exam and I failed it. I got D in 1st exam and F in 2nd. Is it possible to at least pass this class with a C considering we have 2 more exams? I'm doing fine with other classes. It's just this class that I'm having trouble with because of the type of questions our professor asks. I'm studying and giving my best but I don't know why it's not working for this class! I feel horrible right now and the thing is I don't wanna give up! Any suggestions on what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how much each exam weighs..can you tell us the course breakdown?
Although failing two exams and a D on the 3rd certainly raises questions about your future grade..

This was 50% of our grade. I have As and Bs in other classes except this one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Assuming the next two exams are the rest of the class, I’d say if you get 2 A’s on the next exams you’d average to a C. Work hard and figure out high yield material and you should be aright.

If C is a 70 at your program then you got work to do because you will have to ace the last two exams as podguy said above. Failing exams to acing them rarely happens...but you should try/do your best to ace them...this will include changing your studying habits...talking to ppl who are doing well in the class right now...doing a BUNCH of questions from BRS and UMichigan's website....also seeking help from faculty...in other words...you gota give your 120%. If things don't workout...hopefully you can remediate it.

Did you change your studying methods or asked for help after that first failure?

1. Find students who are doing well, ask them exactly how they are studying. Do the exact same thing.

2. Go talk to your professor. You should know how they ask questions by now. Ask them how they would study for their own exam. Origins, insertions, facial planes and layers, actions, innervation, vascular. They can only ask so much. Most of it is repetition until it is burned in your head. If you cannot see it in your head before the exam, you run a higher chance of frantically relying on the answer choices to pick what "sounds right". This is a recipe for failure.

3. Go talk to your testing center or student health services. If you are having issues with multiple choice exams, learn how to beat it. If you are having problems managing your stress, talk to someone about it and get control of it before your grades suffer more.

You cannot and will not do better until you are willing to change how you are currently studying for this class.

Reactions: 2 users