What are my chances for OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgg29674

Reaction score
I am a D1 at my school. Currently at 3rd quarter, my gpa is 3.4. I’m projected to get a 4.0 this quarter which will put me at 3.59. I took the cbse this year and got a 80. I am currently in research. Have extracurricular activities and lot of shadowing hours. My gpa I know is low at 3.4, but I genuinely had couple family incidents that could not get me to be able to perform at my fullest. Just want to know what I can do and what will increase my chances of getting into an omfs program. Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Keep it up and i dont see why you wont be able to get interviews. Solid CBSE score and upward trend is good sign

Keep doing well and get top 25% ranking and you should be good.

Dont forget to do externships too

Reactions: 1 user
Keep it up and i dont see why you wont be able to get interviews. Solid CBSE score and upward trend is good sign

Keep doing well and get top 25% ranking and you should be good.

Dont forget to do externships too
Thank you so much for your reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
You took CBSE middle of D1 year and got an 80???

You took CBSE middle of D1 year and got an 80???
Yes. I was in the masters program in my school most of the basic science material was a repetition to me. So i started studying for the cbse prior to D1 during that summer.

Yes. I was in the masters program in my school most of the basic science material was a repetition to me. So i started studying for the cbse prior to D1 during that summer.
That’s legendary

That’s legendary
I promise you it was all because of my masters program, which helped me concentrate on the other subjects more. Also I had to take the masters seriously or else I had no chance of getting accepted into dental school hence why I knew the sciences well.

I promise you it was all because of my masters program, which helped me concentrate on the other subjects more. Also I had to take the masters seriously or else I had no chance of getting accepted into dental school hence why I knew the sciences well.
Nice. I matched this cycle with that score and a couple of Bs on my transcript. You’ll be fine if you keep doing well in your courses.

Reactions: 1 users
Nice. I matched this cycle with that score and a couple of Bs on my transcript. You’ll be fine if you keep doing well in your courses.
Thank you for your reply! Much appreciated

I am a D1 at my school. Currently at 3rd quarter, my gpa is 3.4. I’m projected to get a 4.0 this quarter which will put me at 3.59. I took the cbse this year and got a 80. I am currently in research. Have extracurricular activities and lot of shadowing hours. My gpa I know is low at 3.4, but I genuinely had couple family incidents that could not get me to be able to perform at my fullest. Just want to know what I can do and what will increase my chances of getting into an omfs program. Thank you for your time!
Are you looking to apply to 4 or 6yrs
Go to lots of externships choose wisely and perform well
Apply broadly

As an ex-program director you appear to be on tract. Your score will get you an interview, but your actions will get you where you need to be. It's a great profession in so many ways. I got to use my love of science, help others, be involved in a positive way in my community and have a successful family life.

Reactions: 1 users