What are my chances for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anon37

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am entering the last year of my undergrad education, and would like to know what my chances are for med school admission based off of my gpa and meat scores. I did not perform very well during my freshman year, but have been able to do very well my sophomore and junior years. My freshman year stats are as follows...
Cgpa: 3.03
Sgpa: 2.5
Sophomore and junior years
Cgpa: 4.0
Sgpa: 4.0
Mcat score: 41
I live in California, and am willing to go to pretty much any medical school in the state or country.
P.S. Sorry I didn't post the gpa averages for all three years, I just wanted to know if my upward trend is strong enough to make up for my freshman year.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can still be a competitive candidate for many US MD schools but your best bet will be to apply after you graduate and to calculate what your final overall GPA is around the time you choose to apply.

Yes you can still be a competitive candidate for many US MD schools but your best bet will be to apply after you graduate and to calculate what your final overall GPA is around the time you choose to apply.

His 41 MCAT is going to expire for a good amount of schools in the 2018 cycle. Unless that's a new score that he converted...

Quite good!!!
Hello,
I am entering the last year of my undergrad education, and would like to know what my chances are for med school admission based off of my gpa and meat scores. I did not perform very well during my freshman year, but have been able to do very well my sophomore and junior years. My freshman year stats are as follows...
Cgpa: 3.03
Sgpa: 2.5
Sophomore and junior years
Cgpa: 4.0
Sgpa: 4.0
Mcat score: 41
I live in California, and am willing to go to pretty much any medical school in the state or country.
P.S. Sorry I didn't post the gpa averages for all three years, I just wanted to know if my upward trend is strong enough to make up for my freshman year.