What are my chances at St. George's and Ross?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
520 Might get them an acceptance at a new school. But Im not takling about OP getting into a DO program strait away.

There are SMPs out there that will offer seats to people if they meet a certain threshold in the program.

Bro even with a trash GPA like that (which is close to what I have) theres like no chance of getting into a DO program..even if you had like a 520 lets be real

Members don't see this ad.

did u get into carribeans school? I have a cgpa of 2.7 and science gpa of 2.3 and mcat of 507. do u think i stand a chance in carribeans?
Nice mcat. My thought is if you apply to Ross and AUC they are going to put you in merp (basically a 15 week prep course for medical school). That science gpa is just too low for direct admission. Same for SGU, I’d imagine it’s either straight reject or MSAP/CFP.

520 Might get them an acceptance at a new school. But Im not takling about OP getting into a DO program strait away.

There are SMPs out there that will offer seats to people if they meet a certain threshold in the program.
No SMP will accept anyone with a 2.3 sgpa

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AUC or Ross direct admission no MERP

The hurricanes wiped them out, they will take anyone right now
This is the kind of bad information that makes this section of SDN a den of lies and deceit.
Be careful where you get your information from. I have higher stats than OP and I got merp
Just power through it.

Bro even with a trash GPA like that (which is close to what I have) theres like no chance of getting into a DO program..even if you had like a 520 lets be real
didnt ask to apply to a DO school. i just asked about going to carribeans. if u all want to give advice on applying to carribeans because that is all im thinking of please let me know. will be applying for January semester at ROSS, SGU and SABA.

Reactions: 1 users
I go to the school

Was there during the hurricane

Parent company is treading water with these schools

The bar has been set VERY low

Jesus after the hurricane the school was American University of the Caribbean in the UK

One of the semesters, can't remember which, during the ZIKA scare in 2017, forty something of the entering students didn't show up (this was before the hurricane)

No disrespect Raney, but the school will pretty much take anyone

I've also heard of people negotiating their way out of MERP
Do u know of students that have gotten into ROSS or SGU with stats similar to mine? Are u attending school in carribeans?

I thought that too, based on what people said on sdn. However, I applied to SGU and a week later I got a rejection letter in the mail. Not even foundations. I did get into Ross though.

I think SGU is the only Caribbean school with some standards for admission, which is why they have a lower attrition than other schools. Ross merps people with 2.2 gpas. SGU wouldn’t touch someone with those grades.
Is it wrong that I feel so honored now :laugh: I thought for sure I was accepted to SGU because bc caribbean schools typically take anybody

To the guy above me, the students that succeed probably have very little time to bond. Maybe that's where your Caribbean bias is coming from; you've been focusing on all the students that are doing the partying and not those who are passing their exams.

Please do not go to Ross. I was an MS2 recently at Ross. I only went there because my dad supposedly heard a bunch of great things about it and I didn't want to wait any longer to start medical school. BIG MISTAKE. Why am I no longer at Ross? Well, I was dealing with some health issues that doctors couldn't seem to quite figure out. As of now, my health has now gone back to normal. I was doing very well at Ross. A lot of things have occurred over the past few months that made me ultimately decide not to go back to Ross. I would rather retake courses, take an SMP, etc. then go back there. If you have any questions or want to hear about the specific reasons, feel free to message me. I don't want to say everything on here because I have a feeling people from Ross read this board.

If you have scores even scraping by the minimum requirements for DO school, retake your MCAT and get as high as you can and apply. If not, maybe an SMP with direct linkage. But do not risk it on Ross. I wasted so much time and money there. I am lucky that my GPA is not horrible and I can get into other schools with a little more effort on my part, but many of my classmates who have failed out or are failing out are not. If it HAS to be Caribbean.....go to St. Georges. I would say AUC as well, but they are also owned by the same company that owns Ross. Also, my class started with around 430 students I believe. Over 100 failed first semester. A half to two-thirds at most are still at Ross scattered among various semesters due to the hurricane, failing, withdrawing etc. Don't come to Ross and expect medical school to only take four years. There's people i've met who are on their third time taking first semester. And with the time people take to study for comp and step, it can easily add on a year. Barely anyone passes the comp the first time. They just don't teach well enough to do so, with the exception of a few blocks such as neuro. Every time you fail comp, you have to wait two months to retake. The comp passing score increased twice while I was at Ross. And now they've added pre-tests for Step 2 clinical skills as well. So that adds time too. Just keep that in mind.

No one told me any of this before I applied. Had I known, I would not have chosen Ross.

Hey Neuro, a couple things

Ya Carib schools are crap I agree, but its not as doom and gloom as you make it out to be

You will have to teach yourself the first 2 years but thats how it is everywhere, Pathoma is standardized across all schools

About half my class passed comp first try, the other half have failed classes so wasn't a big surprise

Glad to hear you're presently in good health, I hope you went on medical leave and didn't fail any classes

Failing a class at a Carib school is a death sentence

So while I agree Ross is meh, the examples given sound more like your problem not the schools

It’s definitely not all doom and gloom but no I haven’t described everything that happened. There were a lot of things that were not my problem. I am not the only one complaining. Like I said, I have not heard anything bad about St. George’s or AUC or even Saba. But due to the hurricane a lot of things have been a mess with Ross. My first two semesters were fine on the island. If the hurricane wouldn’t have happened I would have no issues. But after the hurricane a lot has changed. And after leaving I have many friends who stayed and are having issues. I just left this semester. So I know exactly what’s happening.

These schools will not hold your hands. And there is obviously a big difference between us and Caribbean schools. Like I said, I was high passing. I wasn’t just getting by. But how they handle situations overall made things too stressful for me when I was dealing with health on top of it. And after talking to my friends in us schools who had classmates with similar issues, the way they were treated and the way I was treated was completely different. Keep in mind, I also have friends in rotations who are trying to switch out. I have nothing against Caribbean schools but if you want to go that route, choose another one. Ross is too unstable right now to risk it. They wouldn’t even tell us where we were going in January. No one knows. It’s too much money to deal with uncertainties at this point in your career. Whether you are in a us school or one of these schools, if you don’t put in the work, you will not succeed. But give yourself the best opportunity to do so right now. That’s what I am trying to say.

Also I was never offered medical leave. I was essentially told that I had to withdraw from the school and reapply. So that’s what I did. I had medical proof and plenty of letters from my physicians.

Also, a lot of the staff has changed since the hurricane. This may be the cause for the differences I have observed. I had no issues on the island. Maybe things will go back to normal when the school returns. However, Dominica is still not ready for the school in my opinion.

Also if you’re worried about scores getting into to Ross. I know someone who got in with a 15 on the MCAT. I’m not even joking. So it’s not so much getting in, it’s what you do while you’re there.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ya man I know a lot of people in your same situation

I was on st Martin when our hurricane hit, my experience has been the same, they are making it up as they go

Didn't you guys do a semester in a cruise ship, then go to Tennessee ?

You went to AUC! I have heard quite a few good things about AUC! Yeah they’re definitely making it up as they go. I will say though, they communicated with you guys much more than us during the process. Also, we weren’t allowed on campus before the hurricane hit. I was questioned when I even went to get money. This was the afternoon of the hurricane. It was nice to see that your school let people stay in the building on campus.

Yeah they did a semester on the ship! Everyone thought it was a joke when the idea was brought up lol. Unfortunately the ship didn’t turn out that well. I didn’t go but I heard there were issues with the room sizes and the amount of people in them. Also a lot of people were getting sick. This is what I heard from my friends who went. I get seasick and I didn’t want to risk my gpa. Now Ross is in Knoxville until December I believe. I’m assuming they will be moving in January because the lease is only until December. I don’t know what staying in the US longer than a year would do to their accreditation.

I am planning on applying to Carribean medical schools for the September 2019 and would like to know what are chances of getting accepted into SGU, Ross and AUC? My college gpa is a 3.3 and science gpa is a 2.9. Mcat 495. I have over 200 hrs of volunteer experience of shadowing physicians at a hospital. Also currently doing research for more than 1 year on cancer and will possibly get a publication.

I am planning on applying to Carribean medical schools for the September 2019 and would like to know what are chances of getting accepted into SGU, Ross and AUC? My college gpa is a 3.3 and science gpa is a 2.9. Mcat 495. I have over 200 hrs of volunteer experience of shadowing physicians at a hospital. Also currently doing research for more than 1 year on cancer and will possibly get a publication.
Don't do it.
Edit: your stats aren't too far from being enough for DO. Try to increase that MCAT to at least 505+, and you might get a shot at DO. Caribbean should always be you last resort after doing everything you could to get in MD or DO in the US.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Dude is fine for large Pod schools, s/he should do that if they can deal with feet and ankles.

Don't do it.
Edit: your stats aren't too far from being enough for DO. Try to increase that MCAT to at least 505+, and you might get a shot at DO. Caribbean should always be you last resort after doing everything you could to get in MD or DO in the US.

As a former acceptee of St. George, I can honestly say that attending St. George will be the most miserable mistake of your life. If I would have went, I would have surely have gotten kicked out. One exam, it only takes you failing ONE measly exam, and you’re gone. You’re better off retaking the MCAT and applying MD/DO

What do you not understand about the response?

Podiatry and Medicine are both completely different training and regulatory pathways. Podiatrist are limited in scope of practice and their license doesn't carry the depth or breadth of a even general medical license. For example, I had to perform all the H&P's, as an anesthesiologist, at one hospital I used to cover for the Podiatrists because they weren't licensed to do so.

Once you commit to Podiatry school, you are locked into that specialty. Period. MD/DO allows a nearly limitless options in pursuing a particular clinical interest, including Orthopedic Surgery with a sub-specialty in foot & ankle surgery.

Making such a statement, as you have, is like saying they'd be a shoe-in for Dentistry or Veterinary school. You're equating apples and oranges.

-Skip

It’s more like a hybrid of an apple orange.

Podiatric Medicine cover a lot of aspects in medicine. You have derm, Ortho, surgery, Nero, etc. there are debates about calling them physcicians, but in some states they are. Podiatry is still medicine, just limited/ pods choose their specialty right away. I don’t think that a premed considering it after a failure to get into a US MD/DO school is unwise.

Plus, at 3 schools you take the same exact classes as DO students, so you get the same background. The only ones you don’t take are OBGYN and Psychiatry. Not a lot of that materializing in the foot and ankle.

I certainly think DPM is a better option to going to the Carribean, especially in today’s climate and increasing US MD/DO schools.

I would also tell premeds to consider dental, but chances are if you aren’t competitive for DO, you won’t be competitive for DDS.

I appreciate your opinion however and understand, some people don’t want to make that specialty commitment and would like more options on the table.

Edit: Also, depending on where you go to school and what you get on STEP, you are also limiting yourself, specialtywise. If a DO only manages to score a 200, then the options became much more limited. MD in the US may be an all you can eat specialty buffet, but DO and especially Carribean are not. So far as to the point where I met people who turned down their DO acceptance for a Pod because it offered garunteed surgery (I have never met anyone turn down their MD acceptance for a DPM).

Podiatry and Medicine are both completely different training and regulatory pathways. Podiatrist are limited in scope of practice and their license doesn't carry the depth or breadth of a even general medical license. For example, I had to perform all the H&P's, as an anesthesiologist, at one hospital I used to cover for the Podiatrists because they weren't licensed to do so.

Once you commit to Podiatry school, you are locked into that specialty. Period. MD/DO allows a nearly limitless options in pursuing a particular clinical interest, including Orthopedic Surgery with a sub-specialty in foot & ankle surgery.

Making such a statement, as you have, is like saying they'd be a shoe-in for Dentistry or Veterinary school. You're equating apples and oranges.

-Skip

Last edited:
I certainly think DPM is a better option to going to the Carribean, especially in today’s climate and increasing US MD/DO schools.
I'm curious as to what "today's climate" is.

Also, despite the increases in US medical enrollment, the number of IMGs started residency each year has remained stable (even has gone up slightly) over the past 10 years. You don't have to take my word for it, take the ACGME's and NRMP's.
https://www.acgme.org/About-Us/Publ...Graduate-Medical-Education-Data-Resource-Book
Main Residency Match Data and Reports - The Match, National Resident Matching Program

There is no actual reason to think someone who starts medical school in the Caribbean over the next year or 2 will have a significantly different experience matching than those over the recent past years have. And remember, I said actual, meaning looking at the data. I know what the prevailing SDN premedical groupthink is, the problem is that it's nonsense based on no actual evidence.

@GypsyHummus

Please first re-read what I wrote. I'm not knocking Podiatry at all. But, in addition to what @the argus said, just will add this:

It’s more like a hybrid of an apple orange. <snip>

Podiatry is still medicine, just limited/ pods choose their specialty right away. <snip>

Plus, at 3 schools you take the same exact classes as DO students, so you get the same background. The only ones you don’t take are OBGYN and Psychiatry. Not a lot of that materializing in the foot and ankle. <snip>

Your comparison is akin to an Optometrist vs. an Ophthalmologist. As such, Podiatry is not "still medicine" as it is governed by separate boards within individual states. While I like and respect many of my Podiatrist colleagues, they would be the first to tell you that they do not practice medicine nor do they want to.

Edit: Also, depending on where you go to school and what you get on STEP, you are also limiting yourself, specialtywise. If a DO only manages to score a 200, then the options became much more limited. MD in the US may be an all you can eat specialty buffet, but DO and especially Carribean are not. So far as to the point where I met people who turned down their DO acceptance for a Pod because it offered garunteed surgery (I have never met anyone turn down their MD acceptance for a DPM).

There is no dog in this fight. But, you are showing a cursory and limited grasp of understanding about how this all works with this added statement. Your analogies are bad. Surgery below the tibial plateau taught to you by other Podiatrists is not "surgery", just as many surgeons will tell you that general OB/gyns are also not trained "surgeons" despite the fact they know how to do c-sections, which is a single procedure. However, both are still fully licensed physicians, which is something Podiatrist are not and will never be, that will have many more doors open to them because they chose a foundation of general medical training.

Try to paint this however you will; it's not the same. Trust people who have worked in this environment for over a decade when they try to explain this to you.

-Skip

For @sac_doctor I can't recommend applying Carribean because their academic track record (3.3/2.9, 495) looks awfully similar to someone who could fail an exam and get kicked out and be out $100,000 (whereas, say they get a year of 4.0 at a post-bacc and get into a new DO program-unlikely to be kicked out after poor performance on an exam).

Reactions: 1 users
I understand where you are coming from. I think the comparison to Optometrist vs Opthamologists is a little off, as Optometrists cannot perform surgery except in a few states while podiatrists have to have a 3 year surgical residency in the foot and ankle, but I understand the analogy you are attempting to make.

Up until about two years ago, DOs had a separate education as well. Would you think of your DO peers as any less of a physcician if they went to different paths than MD in their education (COMLEX vs USMLE, Osteopathic residencies vs MD, etc.)? What is a “Physician” legally? What makes a physician? In a number of states, a DPM May call thenselves “Podiatric physicians”. Should MDs and DOs also make a distinction, DOs calling themselves “Osteopathic physicians” as it not confuse people? Chiropractors can legally themselves as a “chiropractic physician” as well in some states.

I wouldn’t want my podiatrist managing my heart medication, but at the same time, I would be odd for a dermatologist to do it too unless it was particularly pertaining to the surgery they are going to do.

I respect your opinion having worked in the field for a long time and appreciate you are making distinctions and not bashing on DPMs as many MD/DOs attendings like to do. Pods are an integral part of the healthcare team and more importantly, are not midlevel providers trying to take over MD turf.

@GypsyHummus

Please first re-read what I wrote. I'm not knocking Podiatry at all. But, in addition to what @the argus said, just will add this:

Your comparison is akin to an Optometrist vs. an Ophthalmologist. As such, Podiatry is not "still medicine" as it is governed by separate boards within individual states. While I like and respect many of my Podiatrist colleagues, they would be the first to tell you that they do not practice medicine nor do they want to.

There is no dog in this fight. But, you are showing a cursory and limited grasp of understanding about how this all works with this added statement. Your analogies are bad. Surgery below the tibial plateau taught to you by other Podiatrists is not "surgery", just as many surgeons will tell you that general OB/gyns are also not trained "surgeons" despite the fact they know how to do c-sections, which is a single procedure. However, both are still fully licensed physicians, which is something Podiatrist are not and will never be, that will have many more doors open to them because they chose a foundation of general medical training.

Try to paint this however you will; it's not the same. Trust people who have worked in this environment for over a decade when they try to explain this to you.

-Skip

Last edited:
As a former acceptee of St. George, I can honestly say that attending St. George will be the most miserable mistake of your life. If I would have went, I would have surely have gotten kicked out. One exam, it only takes you failing ONE measly exam, and you’re gone. You’re better off retaking the MCAT and applying MD/DO

Not true. I've failed exams and still passed the term with flying colors, I'm still here. Lots of students here fail exams each term and still make it through. Most terms have 5 exams, and tons of other points (labs, attendance, mcq sessions, professionalism points, etc.) which boosts your grade about 5%. So, theres some students that end up with a 67 or 68% average from their exams and they get all the freebie points and end up with like a 72-73% in the term. It's possible.. Almost all of my friends here so far have failed at least one exam and they are still here. There's always one or two bad exams a term that we struggle with. Now, by failing I mean usually in the high 60's range (65-69). Which doesn't hurt your overall grade that much. We get bar graphs of the grade distributions for each exam and there's usually a handful of students in the 30s, 40's, 50's... which in that case, they need serious help or will end up failing or repeating the term. But, if you get in the 60's on one exam (70 is passing), then it's not a huge deal, they will NOT kick you out right away like that.

They do not kick you out if you fail one exam, instead they schedule a mandatory meeting for you to meet with a professor in the module you will be starting (since usually you start a new module after the exam), and they ask what's going on (academically and psychologically, socially, etc.). They actually provide you with a TON of resources and help to make you a better student. There's lots of programs to help you score better and change up your study habits. A lot of people here think that the school wants you to fail, but SGU has so many resources to help you succeed, you just need to put in the effort and put yourself out there to take advantage of those resources (free tutoring, group review sessions, learning and studying strategies, one on one tutoring, etc.). The professors have open office hours a day or two every week for a few hours and whenever I go talk to the professors they always tell me that one one comes to ask them questions, because they want to talk with us and they want us to come in to get help and go over material and point out high yield info, but students don't put themselves out there to get help.

To be blunt, if you fail here it's your own fault. This school goes above and beyond to help students pass, but a lot of students here just complain all the time and a lot are spoiled and want to be hand fed and have someone to hold their hand all day. They just make excuses for their failures and don't improve, so it's their own fault. To be a successful med student, you need to learn from your mistakes and if something is not working, change things up in a snap and get your stuff together. I just hate when people post stuff on here that is not true. You did not even attend sgu, so how can you say this false information? I'm not defending the school in any way, but just putting the facts out there, since I am currently a student at SGU and I know how things work here.

You were accepted, you did not ATTEND SGU. So, how can you say that it will be the most miserable mistake of your life? This has been mine and many others here, the best decision of my life. I am so happy I am here and thankful for this opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Not true. I've failed exams and still passed the term with flying colors, I'm still here. Lots of students here fail exams each term and still make it through. Most terms have 5 exams, and tons of other points (labs, attendance, mcq sessions, professionalism points, etc.) which boosts your grade about 5%. So, theres some students that end up with a 67 or 68% average from their exams and they get all the freebie points and end up with like a 72-73% in the term. It's possible.. Almost all of my friends here so far have failed at least one exam and they are still here. There's always one or two bad exams a term that we struggle with. Now, by failing I mean usually in the high 60's range (65-69). Which doesn't hurt your overall grade that much. We get bar graphs of the grade distributions for each exam and there's usually a handful of students in the 30s, 40's, 50's... which in that case, they need serious help or will end up failing or repeating the term. But, if you get in the 60's on one exam (70 is passing), then it's not a huge deal, they will NOT kick you out right away like that.

They do not kick you out if you fail one exam, instead they schedule a mandatory meeting for you to meet with a professor in the module you will be starting (since usually you start a new module after the exam), and they ask what's going on (academically and psychologically, socially, etc.). They actually provide you with a TON of resources and help to make you a better student. There's lots of programs to help you score better and change up your study habits. A lot of people here think that the school wants you to fail, but SGU has so many resources to help you succeed, you just need to put in the effort and put yourself out there to take advantage of those resources (free tutoring, group review sessions, learning and studying strategies, one on one tutoring, etc.). The professors have open office hours a day or two every week for a few hours and whenever I go talk to the professors they always tell me that one one comes to ask them questions, because they want to talk with us and they want us to come in to get help and go over material and point out high yield info, but students don't put themselves out there to get help.

To be blunt, if you fail here it's your own fault. This school goes above and beyond to help students pass, but a lot of students here just complain all the time and a lot are spoiled and want to be hand fed and have someone to hold their hand all day. They just make excuses for their failures and don't improve, so it's their own fault. To be a successful med student, you need to learn from your mistakes and if something is not working, change things up in a snap and get your stuff together. I just hate when people post stuff on here that is not true. You did not even attend sgu, so how can you say this false information? I'm not defending the school in any way, but just putting the facts out there, since I am currently a student at SGU and I know how things work here.

You were accepted, you did not ATTEND SGU. So, how can you say that it will be the most miserable mistake of your life? This has been mine and many others here, the best decision of my life. I am so happy I am here and thankful for this opportunity.
Round of applause to you. We’ll see if you’re singing the same tune come match time. Caribbean schools should ALWAYS be a last resort, it would be unethical to promote them as otherwise

Yea I agree with you about the match Jazz, but like chondroclast said, you dont go to SGU so why are you talking about their exam policies?
And why are you both still trying to propagate a fantasy to ignorant premeds?

Dude I would never tell anyone to go to a Caribbean school, but I'm an MS4 from a carib school
Your status says pre-med, ipso facto you shouldn't offer advice on something you have no clue about.
Edit: But yeah, I'm saying ultimately I agree with what you are saying. I'm not in @Chondroclast delusional camp that Carib schools/students are just as good as americano.
Noted. Perhaps I’m not the best person to advise on SGU policies, but the fact remains the same. These premeds need better education on what they’re getting themselves into. There seems to be a fairytale surrounded around Caribbean Med schools, and it’s only bankrupting more and more people.

Also, in my books everyone is a pre-med before they graduate medical school. We can agree to disagree. But I guess you can say, I’m a “medical student”

Ya but you're the reason people say "everyone on SDN are haters"

Listen to the people above you, ask questions when you absolutely have to, stop the preaching and offering "advice" when you arent even there yet... these are all common themes you will have to become familiar with if you get into medical school and advance

You absolutely are not a medical student if you havent started medical school yet, how is that even an argument?

1key4i.jpg

Reading comprehension is clearly not your strongest area, hmm? I’m a medical student. End of discussion

Lol I’m not arguing with you. At the end of the day, I’ll be having absolutely no problem matching. Peace homie

Good luck with your OMT hand-waving my DOh homie
LOL you're saying that like it's an insult. Nothing is wrong with OMT or being a DO. Some MDs are now even learning how to do OMT these days. And it's billable through insurance in medical practice, so what's your point?

Good luck with your OMT hand-waving my DOh homie

There's something called professionalism and respect. Seems like you do not have any of that. DO's are just as much of a physician as MD's. No need for this immature garbage.

Reactions: 3 users
There's something called professionalism and respect. Seems like you do not have any of that. DO's are just as much of a physician as MD's. No need for this immature garbage.

And this is the guy who posts all those face-palming animated GIF's lol and then goes posting that type of stuff.

If some DO school accepted me, I would gladly trade in my SGU acceptance for one.

Reactions: 3 users
@GypsyHummus

-Skip

Agree with you on everything but just want to point out even generalist OBGYNs can do a lot more than just c-section procedures. They are trained in hysterectomies plus/minus BSOs, endometrial ablations, myomectomies, cone biopsies, adhesiolysis, D & Cs, uterine biopsies, tubal ligations, plus a bunch of other stuff. They are trained in robotic, open, and laparoscopic surgery techniques. OBGYN is a very surgical field.

Just to make some things clear hear.

Don't automatically assume people that apply to a Caribbean school are dumb or inferior to US students. You have a lot of students with stellar GPA's and MCAT scores who have interviewed at US programs but for one reason or another are lacking something in their application or their personality that would get them a spot in a US program. This notion that C students are only applying to Caribbean schools is not right and not really fair. I know some brilliant students who are at SGU right now but I wouldn't compare them to some of my friends who graduated from US programs who clearly had more demonstrated passion for medicine. If you can score 240-250 on STEP 1 and 2 from the Caribbean, you are most certainly on-par academically with students at US programs. I mean how could you argue otherwise? I do however believe that US schools trump all Caribbean programs with regards to clinical education but that is subjective because some of these Caribbean students can destroy STEP2 CK.

Someone above was saying that everybody is a pre-med until they graduate? What does that even mean? When you graduate, you are Dr. so and so. If you are taking medical school classes, you ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT.

Personally, I feel that most of the Caribbean schools are going to run into problems in the next decade because I don't think there will be any IMG spots for students from these lesser schools. I think SGU will hang around the longest but I think matching from a third-tier Caribbean program will be near impossible five years from now and when they don't have any matches, they will be forced to close their doors.

didnt ask to apply to a DO school. i just asked about going to carribeans. if u all want to give advice on applying to carribeans because that is all im thinking of please let me know. will be applying for January semester at ROSS, SGU and SABA.

Amen! So funny to read all the threads. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of been "deploy" to Grenada for two years, and not having to deal with anything else but school. A lot of Pros and Cons but people in SDN are so dramatic about it. At the end of the day is up to you (us) to put the necessary effort according to the goals and path we have chosen to take. Some will make it and some will fail, part of the process.

Don't do St. George University of London, they don't have enough of a track record yet.

Just wanted to point out how ridiculous this statement is and how most advice on this forum should be completely disregarded.

St. George's, University of London medical school opened in 1733.

Just wanted to point out how ridiculous this statement is and how most advice on this forum should be completely disregarded.

St. George's, University of London medical school opened in 1733.
These are 2 different StGeorge's you're talking about bro. The StGeorge's University of London associated with StGeorge's Hospital that started in 1733 has nothing to do with StGeorge's University in Grenada that started in 1976. The London track from StGeorge's University in Grenada is not held at the StGeorge's University of London.

Edit: I realized now that the previous comments were indeed talking about StGeorge's University of London.

Last edited:
It makes me so sad how applicants refuse to see common sense. Yall have no idea of the struggle you’re going to face. But you know what? You’re
also free to make your own decisions, and your own mistakes

Sgu does reject students. Just , because it is the Caribbean does not mean they take everyone.
They accept like 80% of the people that apply though. When I interviewed the Doctor that interviewed me said they accept like 4 out of 5 interviewees usually, and they give everyone a chance to interview. Plus the ones they don't accept can go to their one year prep program that eventually leads them into their med school.

Last edited:
Who are you anyways? Why do you have comments on Drexel, Wayne state, etc.... MBA programs. Are you just a troll on all these threads to make you feel better? Did you attend SGU or any other med school? Do you think you know everything about everything?
Lmao focus less on me, and more on you. I’m not the one who needs to get i to medical school young buck

They accept like 80% of the people that apply though. When I interviewed the Doctor that interviewed me said they accept like 4 out of 5 interviewees usually, and they give everyone a chance to interview. Plus the ones they don't accept can go to their one year prep program that eventually leads them into their med school.

False- 3 years ago I did not get an interview. I was denied and told to re-take the MCAT because it was too low. I re-took the MCAT and got an interview and acceptance. So, they do not interview everyone right away, they do deny people.

False- 3 years ago I did not get an interview. I was denied and told to re-take the MCAT because it was too low. I re-took the MCAT and got an interview and acceptance. So, they do not interview everyone right away, they do deny people.
Well, then I was lied to. Still think their acceptance rate is insanely high though.

Edit: What makes you think you weren't part of the 20% that gets rejected?

Last edited: