What are mu chances of getting into medical school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorReddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I attended a university for two years, and frankly, I did terrible. I recieved D's in Gen Chem, and Biology, and failed a semester of Organic Chemistry. My GPA was a 2.4. I transferred to a different university in the same state with about 50 hours of credit. After 2 years, (I am currently a 5th year senior), my GPA is a 3.98. I have taken all pre-med requirements. Other than a B in General Chem 1, I have recieved an A in everything, including: Organic 1 and 2, Biology 1 and 2, Biochemistry 1 and 2 with a lab, Genetics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, and a lot of Biotechnology classes (for my major). I recieved a 37 on the MCAT, and have lots of volunteering/shadowing hours, with 2 papers published, 1 in the United States and 1 abroad. What are my chances of getting into a middle/top tier medical school when they see my record from my first university? Do I even have a chance of getting in? My GPA didn't transfer over from my first university, but I still have to send med schools the transcript. I'm kind of freaking out here, waiting for my interview offers...:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

This is the wrong forum for this thread. One of the premedical forums is suggested. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.