What %age of applications do medical schools have right now? MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Stalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its obvious applying early is better, but right now, in mid august, about how many applications do allopathic schools have? A school like Drexel, for instance, gets 16k applications/year, but now, mid-August, do they have 8k? 15k and only 1k trickle in from now to their deadline? Or do they have like 1k???

Members don't see this ad.

Completely depends on school, popularity, and complexity of secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Stalker you are an interesting one

Reactions: 2 users
If most of the graphs on SDN say that there are ~50% of available interview slots remaining by Labor Day and Labor Day also sees ~50% of all applications per cycle completed....isn't there basically no advantage to applying early? I'll tag the elf @efle too.

Reactions: 1 user
If most of the graphs on SDN say that there are ~50% of available interview slots remaining by Labor Day and Labor Day also sees ~50% of all applications per cycle completed....isn't there basically no advantage to applying early? I'll tag the elf @efle too.
My experience is in agreement with the curve on interview invitations.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's curve for those curious what they're talking about, from Planeblue's tracker.

tKgsETY.png

I interviewed at a DO school 8/22 and they said they had 2900 apps in and expected to get around 7000.

Does anyone know if one needs to send official transcripts to medical schools in addition to sending them to AMCAS? I have been AMCAS verified and my transcripts have been received, but I was just contacted by a med school and they said I needed to send them my transcripts in addition to AMCAS. Is this just a weird thing that this one school does, or is it common to all schools. I have looked on a couple of med schools admissions websites and have seen nothing about a transcript being required other than sending one to AMCAS. Thanks!

Does anyone know if one needs to send official transcripts to medical schools in addition to sending them to AMCAS? I have been AMCAS verified and my transcripts have been received, but I was just contacted by a med school and they said I needed to send them my transcripts in addition to AMCAS. Is this just a weird thing that this one school does, or is it common to all schools. I have looked on a couple of med schools admissions websites and have seen nothing about a transcript being required other than sending one to AMCAS. Thanks!
We'll ask for one after you are accepted.

Reactions: 2 users