What about podiatry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stroszeck

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any information on podiatry foot surgeons (The ones who complete 3 year residency to perform surgery, not the toenail clippers)

I heard a LOT of their business is taken by ortho surgeons and that's why they seem to have such a tough time making money, in spite of the fact that they go to school for about 7 years and do actual 100hr/week residencies.

There aren't many pods around and only 1 school in all teh west coast that graduates <50 students. And still they complain about MONEY PROBLEMS.

While physicians and Ortho surgeons make a killing.

What's the deal? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Stroszeck said:
Does anybody have any information on podiatry foot surgeons (The ones who complete 3 year residency to perform surgery, not the toenail clippers)

I heard a LOT of their business is taken by ortho surgeons and that's why they seem to have such a tough time making money, in spite of the fact that they go to school for about 7 years and do actual 100hr/week residencies.

There aren't many pods around and only 1 school in all teh west coast that graduates <50 students. And still they complain about MONEY PROBLEMS.

While physicians and Ortho surgeons make a killing.

What's the deal? I'd appreciate any feedback.
I once looked into Pod and decided against it for the same reasons you listed. Although in my town of about 40k the Pods do very well $$ wise and work in conjuction with the orthopods. I've heard this is rare in larger towns and they face alot of descrimination AKA (nail clippers)