Whap Happens During a Credentialing Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RangerBob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting in solo practice. I signed my contract a number of months ago and the credentialing process at the hospitals I'll be working at is almost complete. I've been asked to come in for an informal interview in front of the credentialing committee. It's a standard thing that all physicians go through at these hospitals.

Does anyone know what happens at these interviews? Is this basically a meet & greet, an introduction to the hospital/system, and maybe some clarification of my application/history? It sounds pretty low key--they scheduled my computer orientation for right after it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting in solo practice. I signed my contract a number of months ago and the credentialing process at the hospitals I'll be working at is almost complete. I've been asked to come in for an informal interview in front of the credentialing committee. It's a standard thing that all physicians go through at these hospitals.

Does anyone know what happens at these interviews? Is this basically a meet & greet, an introduction to the hospital/system, and maybe some clarification of my application/history? It sounds pretty low key--they scheduled my computer orientation for right after it.
It's stupid and a waste of time, but it's super low key. 1 (out of 7) hospitals where I hold privileges required this. It was, as you describe, essentially a meet and greet. Don't spent any more time than you already have worrying about it.

Reactions: 2 users