WesternU vs. CUSOM vs. LUCOM vs. WCUCOM vs. ARCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDocMS112293

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I'm a little torn here. I want to do something like Emergency Medicine (I think as of now) or Intensivist Medicine as a specialty. I want a school that has some research (definitely not a med school or career focus goal for sure), and a solid program that will give me options. I'm a CA LA resident, whose family is relocating to TN. Here are my options,

ACCEPTED AT:

Western University
Campbell University
Liberty University
William Carey University
Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine

INTERVIEWED AT (or in process of):

ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
CUSOM
KCUCOM
LECOM
LUCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM
RVUCOM-CO
RVUCOM-UT
Touror Nevada
UIWSOM
UNECOM
WesternU
WVSOM

My faith is a large portion of my identity and Liberty was a top choice for me for awhile, however their medical school community rep is low and that worries me. With that in mind, I just got accepted to WesternU, which by CA standards is regarded highly (at least to those Ive spoken too). What are people's thoughts on these schools. Its hard to comb through ALL the opinions on these forums, one says this school is incredible and another says its absolute garbage.

Important decision I just want some clarity and honesty on people's thoughts. Please be polite, I'm just looking for some help :p

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I'm a little torn here. I want to do something like Emergency Medicine (I think as of now) or Intensivist Medicine as a specialty. I want a school that has some research (definitely not a med school or career focus goal for sure), and a solid program that will give me options. I'm a CA LA resident, whose family is relocating to TN. Here are my options,

ACCEPTED AT:

Western University
Campbell University
Liberty University
William Carey University
Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine

INTERVIEWED AT (or in process of):

ACOM
ARCOM
BCOM
CUSOM
KCUCOM
LECOM
LUCOM
MUCOM
NYITCOM
RVUCOM-CO
RVUCOM-UT
Touror Nevada
UIWSOM
UNECOM
WesternU
WVSOM

My faith is a large portion of my identity and Liberty was a top choice for me for awhile, however their medical school community rep is low and that worries me. With that in mind, I just got accepted to WesternU, which by CA standards is regarded highly (at least to those Ive spoken too). What are people's thoughts on these schools. Its hard to comb through ALL the opinions on these forums, one says this school is incredible and another says its absolute garbage.

Important decision I just want some clarity and honesty on people's thoughts. Please be polite, I'm just looking for some help :p

Since you already interviewed at WCUCOM then you should know that their research opportunities are slim to none. Same with UIWSOM. I've heard MSUCOM and Nova have some solid opportunities to do research- did you look into those?

Ps- holy **** are you planning on interviewing at all those schools?

LUCOM is a great faith-based school, but they don't have a reputation in the community yet because they haven't had a graduating class. Also, they have limited research currently. They do have a summer research elective, but it's not intensive like some other programs. Good luck on your decision!