This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I hope I don’t mess it up then :( Yeah of course. I got the email from Julie on the 29th of January, so I really didn’t expect anything so soon..
You will do great!! Just be your awesome self!!!
Exactly what all4DOlove said! We're rooting for all of you who were invited for Saturday. You can do it, fam!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
does that mean if you got the email from Julie telling you your application is in committee review before jan 29th, you are probably not going to get an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
does that mean if you got the email from Julie telling you your application is in committee review before jan 29th, you are probably not going to get an interview invite?

No! Keep the faith. The submission process doesn't correlate with the interview invites. Last year people who submitted early and late were in both groups.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!

For all of us waiting for an interview invite keep your faith! We still have a chance.:)

For all interviewing tomorrow. You got this!!! Good :luck:!

Reactions: 3 users
Are there equal amounts of students interviewed over the three dates

Are there equal amounts of students interviewed over the three dates

Last year, around 15 were invited to the first interview and around 45 were invited to the second interview. I can't attest to if this is what will happen this year, however!

Well guys... Thank you to everyone for all your help and guidance, after all that effort and hope for the program, my application will not be considered due to the fact that I am taking additional courses so my degree conferral is later than may 15th, even though I have completed all my required work beforehand. Good luck to the rest of you all!!!

Well guys... Thank you to everyone for all your help and guidance, after all that effort and hope for the program, my application will not be considered due to the fact that I am taking additional courses so my degree conferral is later than may 15th, even though I have completed all my required work beforehand. Good luck to the rest of you all!!!

sorry to hear that.. don’t give up on your dreams! Trust your journey! Best wishes to you too!!!

Last year, around 15 were invited to the first interview and around 45 were invited to the second interview. I can't attest to if this is what will happen this year, however!
After this past interview was it the same amount?

No! Keep the faith. The submission process doesn't correlate with the interview invites. Last year people who submitted early and late were in both groups.

Why was there unequally more people in the second interview group? Were the people in the first interview group more likely to get accepted?

There were around 20 interviewees at this past interview which was pretty consistent with last year's 15. We will see about the next date, but I'm expecting well over 20.

Why was there unequally more people in the second interview group? Were the people in the first interview group more likely to get accepted?

People were accepted from both groups, and rejected from both groups last year, although I don't know percentage wise what each group was like. I don't have a clue how the admissions organizes who gets an interview when though, sorry!

Members don't see this ad :)
There were around 20 interviewees at this past interview which was pretty consistent with last year's 15. We will see about the next date, but I'm expecting well over 20.
For the 2nd interview date, does admissions tend to remain consistent with notifying applicants one to two weeks prior to the interview date? Can pre-interview rejections come at any point within the cycle?

Thanks for all your help in keeping us informed! :)

For the 2nd interview date, does admissions tend to remain consistent with notifying applicants one to two weeks prior to the interview date? Can pre-interview rejections come at any point within the cycle?

Two years ago, yes. I was notified around 1-2 weeks.

Last year I submitted my application on February 1st and received an interview invite 3 weeks prior to the April 1st interview. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I also submitted my application on February 1st and received an interview invite 3 weeks prior to the April 1st days. Acceptance email 10 days after the interview. Good luck to all!

Did anyone receive confirmation about the second interview date? Last I read it was moved to March 17th.

There was actually about 30 students. I am pretty certain this is the correct amount since I remember the staff mentioning this number as the lunches were being passed out. I also counted lol.

There was actually about 30 students. I am pretty certain this is the correct amount since I remember the staff mentioning this number as the lunches were being passed out. I also counted lol.

Thanks for the correction. I really wasn't paying too close of attention, haha!

I think expecting something 3-2 weeks prior to interview date should be consistent. I'm also not sure how they do rejections, timewise.

Did anyone receive confirmation about the second interview date? Last I read it was moved to March 17th.

Still no true confirmation that the date will be March 17th, but I believe as it gets closer that will be solidified. We've been "tentatively" invited to these interview dates to help out, but I haven't received any emails otherwise. Will keep you posted!

Just checked the MSMS website and they changed second interview date to March 17th.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone submitted updates to their application? What's the process for submitting an update?

Hopefully everyone who interviewed on Feb 10th will be hearing back this week (tomorrow is the 10th day)... I'm, excited myself, best wishes to everyone!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have applied to the MSMS program this year. I want to wish good luck to all those who have just interviewed for the program this February, and to those who are still waiting. I still have not received any response for an interview day, hopefully I will be chosen for the March interview. Can those who have interviewed already share some of their experiences here with us please, it would be great to know the format of the interviews, type of questions, etc. Thank you.

Current student, feel free to PM/AMA
Hi latinclubimperatus!
I'm really anxious to apply to this program. Do you have any advice for future students who wish to get in, but are intimidated by the class statistics page? Thanks!

Has anyone heard anything back for the March interview invites?

Has anyone heard about when acceptances/ rejections will be mailed out for those who interviewed on February 10th?

Has anyone heard about when acceptances/ rejections will be mailed out for those who interviewed on February 10th?
Hi! I interviewed Feb 10th. They told us they would let us know within two weeks... And not to contact for acceptances/alternate/rejections unless if it passed three weeks. I have yet to hear back of a decision... I'm starting to worry...

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have applied to the MSMS program this year. I want to wish good luck to all those who have just interviewed for the program this February, and to those who are still waiting. I still have not received any response for an interview day, hopefully I will be chosen for the March interview. Can those who have interviewed already share some of their experiences here with us please, it would be great to know the format of the interviews, type of questions, etc. Thank you.
Hi! I interviewed. We signed a form where we are not allowed to disclose the questions of the interview. There was about 20 of us. 1 pre-optometry, 4 pre-dental and the rest were pre- DO. They had us rotate between interview and a tour of the school. I hope this helps.

;)
Hi! I interviewed Feb 10th. They told us they would let us know within two weeks... And not to contact for acceptances/alternate/rejections unless if it passed three weeks. I have yet to hear back of a decision... I'm starting to worry...
Don’t worry ;) remember that Feb 19th was a holiday and I would only count business days... that puts you at hopefully hearing back early next week. Stay busy so you don’t have to think about it this weekend. I’m rooting for you!!!

I’m still waiting for an interview invite. Staying hopeful:)

;)
Don’t worry ;) remember that Feb 19th was a holiday and I would only count business days... that puts you at hopefully hearing back early next week. Stay busy so you don’t have to think about it this weekend. I’m rooting for you!!!

I’m still waiting for an interview invite. Staying hopeful:)
Thank you! I hope you get an interview

Yep same here. It's been a while already.

You will receive more information on all of this if you get invited to an interview. Don't worry. Just be honest and you will be fine. Good luck!

For those who already interviewed, what were your stats like?

Just an update for those who have already interviewed:

They don't seem to be calling this year (for acceptances, etc), so you will probably only be receiving an email. Be checking that this week!

Does anyone know how many applications were received this year? Significantly higher than previous years?

Does anyone know how many applications were received this year? Significantly higher than previous years?
This year there were only a couple dozen more applications received compared to last year.

Just an update for those who have already interviewed:

They don't seem to be calling this year (for acceptances, etc), so you will probably only be receiving an email. Be checking that this week!
Thank you for the update, I greatly appreciate it!

Hey guys, just got an interview invite today for March 17. Good luck to everyone that's already interviewed, and ones still waiting! There's still hope :)

Hey guys, just got an interview invite today for March 17. Good luck to everyone that's already interviewed, and ones still waiting! There's still hope :)
Were you notified through email or phone call? Congrats!

Congrats, and Good luck!

Congrats! Best wishes to you on your interview!

Hi!
This is my second time applying and I have yet to hear back if I received an interview an interview or not. For the March 17 date, would I be hearing back either today or tomorrow? Also, just for reassurance, when do they normally send out their rejection emails if you don't receive an interview? The first time I applied they got my last letter of rec too late so I got my rejection 2 weeks after the last interview date, so I was wondering if that might happen again or would I have already received a rejection? I finished my app early December. Thank you guys again for replying/helping if you do! It is much appreciated

Hi!
This is my second time applying and I have yet to hear back if I received an interview an interview or not. For the March 17 date, would I be hearing back either today or tomorrow? Also, just for reassurance, when do they normally send out their rejection emails if you don't receive an interview? The first time I applied they got my last letter of rec too late so I got my rejection 2 weeks after the last interview date, so I was wondering if that might happen again or would I have already received a rejection? I finished my app early December. Thank you guys again for replying/helping if you do! It is much appreciated
You might hear back today or tomorrow but if that’s not the case don’t lose hope. Also someone from a previous cycle heard back three days before interview day. So don’t lose hope!! :) Hope this helps