WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When does OOS hear back ? This is getting dreadful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i could be wrong but I don’t believe they will release acceptances until end of jan early Feb ( that’s what they said during my interview at least). In the past I think they released them all on one day

Members don't see this ad :)
An interview ? I haven’t received anything from them .
I received an interview a couple weeks ago and am OOS (although, originally from CA but no longer considered a resident). But again, that has no bearing with this university in particular. I don't know when they stop sending invites. My guess would be last batch goes out in January.

we wont hear about application status until March probably. Thats what it was like the past 2 years. Interviews will keep rolling out through January or February I believe. Not sure when they stop those, i did my last 2 interviews with them both in November (2021 and 2022)

Oh ok, so they don't stop sending out interview invites until end of January/early February? I was getting nervous because I still haven't heard anything back yet about my application and I know people who interviewed this month and last month

Oh ok, so they don't stop sending out interview invites until end of January/early February? I was getting nervous because I still haven't heard anything back yet about my application and I know people who interviewed this month and last month
Im not entirely sure when they stop. But Ive heard they go on at least through January!

I uploaded mine to the portal
Does it have to be official transcripts or can we just submit the unofficial ones. I’m not sure how I would be able to upload official ones to the portal

I forget if it was mentioned already, but are the interviews closed file? Mine is today in the afternoon!

Last edited:
I forget if it was mentioned already, but are the interviews closed file? Mine it today in the afternoon!
Mine is also this afternoon and I am soooo nervous. i wanna say it is closed file but i am actually not 100% sure. Would anyone else be able to verify this?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
My application just went into review, I’m hoping it’s not too late to be invited into an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Where can you see your application status? Last I heard I was in committee review but can you see that on the portal somewhere?

Mine is also this afternoon and I am soooo nervous. i wanna say it is closed file but i am actually not 100% sure. Would anyone else be able to verify this?
I hope your interview went well! Do you mind sharing what kind of MS you got and do you think it helped you get more interviews this cycle?

Totally not related to vet school, but I know that a good number of us are applying from CA so just wanted to tell everyone to stay safe during all of these atmospheric storms, thunderstorms, windstorms, and apparently depending on where you live tornadoes! (if anyone is curious about what I’m talking about, NorCal has been getting hit with storms that have caused flooding and record breaking rain along with strong winds and thunderstorms since NYE. Seems like some of it is getting passed down to the SoCal area.)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I hope your interview went well! Do you mind sharing what kind of MS you got and do you think it helped you get more interviews this cycle?
I am finishing up my Masters in Shelter Med through UF right now! I do think it has helped as this is my third application cycle and the first time I have been offered any interviews. My one with Western went very well so fingers crossed!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Totally not related to vet school, but I know that a good number of us are applying from CA so just wanted to tell everyone to stay safe during all of these atmospheric storms, thunderstorms, windstorms, and apparently depending on where you live tornadoes! (if anyone is curious about what I’m talking about, NorCal has been getting hit with storms that have caused flooding and record breaking rain along with strong winds and thunderstorms since NYE. Seems like some of it is getting passed down to the SoCal area.)
So Cal resident here and yes, is been pretty relentless 😳 I hope everyone is staying as safe as possible. Yes, it’s traveled down to us, and the rain hasn’t stopped. I live by a wash which is usually empty. As of today, the water stream is jamming! Congratulations to everyone else who got an interview thus far 🥳

I am finishing up my Masters in Shelter Med through UF right now! I do think it has helped as this is my third application cycle and the first time I have been offered any interviews. My one with Western went very well so fingers crossed!
How exciting!! I am also going to apply to a masters program for fall 2023. Im sure it helped you greatly!! 😎 is your MS thesis or non-thesis?

Can we upload unofficial transcripts on the portal? Otherwise if it has to be official, does anyone know an email we are supposed to send them to?

Oooff... I enjoyed my first set of interviewers, we had a lot of common interests. I didn't feel the best about the second half though. I couldn't figure out a specific scenario for one of their questions and it got a little derailed 😖

• Care
When does everyone think that we will hear back? And do you think that an earlier interview means anything compared to the later ones? The wait is killing me

Hi everyone! Super late to the game my coworker just told me about SDN. I'm a second-cycle applicant, 1st time IS applying to Western, had my interview in October. The wait is brutal and idk if this will make the waiting any easier lol. I hope we don't have to wait till March this year 🤞

• Care
When does everyone think that we will hear back? And do you think that an earlier interview means anything compared to the later ones? The wait is killing me
I'd like to think an earlier interview doesn't compare to a later one. They must be really small cohorts since about 400 people are invited to interview but maybe this month wraps it up and we will know next month! I'm waiting on 4 more schools and they all notify in February.

it is non thesis! just have to present a capstone project this year in my final semester
Oh wow, amazing!! I am very excited to also pursue a masters, likely in public health. You learn more about a specific branch of the field while also becoming a better student! I don’t think western prioritizes thesis over non-thesis—seems like they’d be more concerned with the grades you earned, if I had to guess!

Hi everyone! Super late to the game my coworker just told me about SDN. I'm a second-cycle applicant, 1st time IS applying to Western, had my interview in October. The wait is brutal and idk if this will make the waiting any easier lol. I hope we don't have to wait till March this year 🤞
Welcome to our little space ☺️ Nice to meet you!

• Care
Can we upload unofficial transcripts on the portal? Otherwise if it has to be official, does anyone know an email we are supposed to send them to?
Hello! I uploaded my unofficial transcripts to the portal but sent official ones to the university digitally. I hope this helps!

nice to meet you! Hope to be classmates come August!
I would love that! I haven’t been offered an interview yet 😌 I was expecting something this year as I was waitlisted last cycle, but hey, it happens when it happens

• Care
I would love that! I haven’t been offered an interview yet 😌 I was expecting something this year as I was waitlisted last cycle, but hey, it happens when it happens
Agreed. Hoping the absolute best comes soon!

Did anyone else's Admissions Counselor change again since Western got back from Holiday? Just noticed mine did

Reactions: 3 users
Me too! What does it all mean? Haha
Their titles have changed from advisor to counselor to counselor 1... hope that's moving in the right direction! Also skeptical it means nothing I looked my counselor up and she works in multiple of the professional colleges lol

• Care
Their titles have changed from advisor to counselor to counselor 1... hope that's moving in the right direction! Also skeptical it means nothing I looked my counselor up and she works in multiple of the professional colleges lol
That’s some good sleuthing! I was also looking for clues.

They have received an 12% increase in applications leading to an increase of their typical number of actual interviews (aka interviewing more candidates this year!).

For the past two years they sent out acceptances in March (usually the second week). They decided to interview more right before the break so they will definitely have more invites going out. Those who haven't interviewed yet you still have a chance! Those who have you've still got a while :)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Mine changed from "admissions counselor" to "admissions assistant" lol. I looked up my counselor's name and found out they were the admissions for contact for applicants "N-S", so I think that's pretty self explanatory haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users