WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the interview will be an open file or a close filed?

ps make sure your zoom is updated, I was 5 minutes late because my zoom was having issues updating and i’m STILL kicking myself for it

Reactions: 1 users
ps make sure your zoom is updated, I was 5 minutes late because my zoom was having issues updating and i’m STILL kicking myself for it
Thank you for the heads up!

Btw if you ever have this problem again usually even with an out of date zoom app you can still join via your browser

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received anything yet ? My portal looks exactly the same 😭
Just the scholarship thing but I feel that! I check Western religiously since it's my number one but still nothing 🙁 I know they're super busy though

Is anyone still waiting on an interview? this waiting game is brutal as December is approaching :cryi:

My app was finally sent to the committee for review in mid-October. Had to physically show up at WesternU to clarify a prerequisite- communication over several emails and three phone conversations wasn't delivering my message. I'm just glad it's all good now!

Good luck to everybody! Hoping to be classmates with yall in 2023!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have sent so many emails and also left voicemails trying to get a pre-requisite cleared up on my application but have heard basically dead silence from admissions and my counselor. Does anyone know any way to get through to Western? This has been a months long ordeal of 0 communication.

Is anyone still waiting on an interview? this waiting game is brutal as December is approaching :cryi:

My app was finally sent to the committee for review in mid-October. Had to physically show up at WesternU to clarify a prerequisite- communication over several emails and three phone conversations wasn't delivering my message. I'm just glad it's all good now!

Good luck to everybody! Hoping to be classmates with yall in 2023!!
How can I see if my application was sent to committee review? Did you ask them directly or is this something that I should be able to see on my portal?

How can I see if my application was sent to committee review? Did you ask them directly or is this something that I should be able to see on my portal?
You should have received an email that said your application is now being sent to the committee

I have sent so many emails and also left voicemails trying to get a pre-requisite cleared up on my application but have heard basically dead silence from admissions and my counselor. Does anyone know any way to get through to Western? This has been a months long ordeal of 0 communication.
What worked for me was that I looked through my undergrad course catalog online and found this detailed description that explains my Ochem course came with a lab section. I went to their student center with all the documentation and met with my advisor. She took care of it in less than 15 minutes. But email and phone calls did not help move my app forward at all.

I would recommend calling Admissions: 909-469-5335 (this is the phone number from WesternU directory, I could be wrong) and explaining your situation with the documentation ready to be sent since your counselor is unresponsive. I hope you find someone who can help you.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know when we'll most likely hear anything? I just really want to lol

I mean, I got an email from WesternU yesterday about touring their campus on 12/10, but with regards to the entire application cycle, it's really anytime. They typically send out interview invites up until Feb/Mar, and send out all rejections, acceptances, and waitlists in March. This is also assuming that we're following the schedule from last cycle.

Does anyone know if I have a prerequisite pending if this contributes significantly to the choice to extend an interview or not?

Does anyone know if I have a prerequisite pending if this contributes significantly to the choice to extend an interview or not?
Personally it didn't seem like it affected me. I have genetics, physiology, ochem with lab, biochem, phys 2 with lab, and life science prereqs in progress and I got one. I think it also depends on when you sent your app as well- don't lose hope! Like lis1127 said they send out invites till Feb/March too

I am a first time OOS applicant I haven’t received anything 😭 my portal looks exactly the same . Have people already heard back ?

My interview is tomorrow morning and I’m finally feeling the nerves!! Please wish me luck 🥹

• Care
My interview is tomorrow morning and I’m finally feeling the nerves!! Please wish me luck 🥹
Mine is tomorrow morning as well! Good luck, I’m sure we’ll both do great!!

• Care
I got an interview invite last night as well and was notified by email :) so excited!

I had my interview today and I’m pretty happy with how it went! Just wondering if anyone knows when I should expect to hear a decision by?

I had my interview today and I’m pretty happy with how it went! Just wondering if anyone knows when I should expect to hear a decision by?
Last year they were released first week of March

I was sent my application status update on November 7th - denied. I'm assuming if you haven't heard yet, you're probably still in the running. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all 🤞

• Care
I was sent my application status update on November 7th - denied. I'm assuming if you haven't heard yet, you're probably still in the running. Keeping my fingers crossed for you all 🤞
Was your cumulative GPA below 2.75? When I was autorejected like that it was because of the gpa cut off.

To anyone who interviewed already- how early before hand did you log in? Also, I know its a silly question but what did you have in the background? Debating where to do it lol.

To anyone who interviewed already- how early before hand did you log in? Also, I know its a silly question but what did you have in the background? Debating where to do it lol.
I logged in about 15 mins early, but they actually didn't start until like 10 minutes after the scheduled time- kinda nerve wracking lol. My background was just a plain wall!

I logged in about 5 minutes early, but it does take some time. They’re very patient and understanding in that technology does lag and really do try to wait for everyone until the last minute. The background I had was just a plain wall in the bedroom. You can also use the blur feature on Zoom if that makes it easier, that’s what my boyfriend does in his work meetings and it looks pretty good too.

Does anyone have Jaziel Camacho as their admissions counselor? I have emailed them multiple times and haven't heard anything back so was wondering if anyone else has emailed them and heard back.

I logged on 10 mins beforehand. They have a counter and when it goes up, they’ll automatically open up a zoom invite or something. I just had my regular background on. I have a map on the wall and my snake tank in the back loll

I was on about 5 min beforehand, but like other people said they don’t even have the link go live until your scheduled time. I don’t have anywhere else in my apartment that has a blank wall or somewhere I could take my computer (it’s a desktop so I couldn’t easily move it anyway) so I had a sort of busy background where my window and Christmas tree were visible 🤦🏼‍♀️ but one of my interviewers complimented me on it, and didn’t seem bothered at all! So they didn’t seem super strict about it.