WesternU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was hoping for an update as well 😭 did a majority of people get their update as well last cycle?

Part of me wants to email and ask if they plan on releasing more acceptances but I don’t want to be annoying

Members don't see this ad :)
Part of me wants to email and ask if they plan on releasing more acceptances but I don’t want to be annoying
Or you know, a decision of some sort lol

Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t heard anything either… I interviewed jan 10

it has to be another batch of acceptances. there wasn’t that many people who said they were accepted on here like previous years

I have no idea whether I should feel discouraged or hopeful not hearing anything. Seems like there was no pattern with the ones they did send out, but why did a majority of us hear absolutely nothing? All of this after just telling us it was gonna be another 2-3 weeks

Hello and welcome to the DVM 2027 class!
I've popped on and off to help y'all out but let me reintroduce myself. My name is Tina and I am a current 2nd year (DVM 2025). I am the co-chair for the big-little SAVMA committee along with our 2026 chair. I just want to share a few things with you all.

1) still remember no new is good news. Western has had a history of over accepting so in the past few years they will release majority acceptances first and then a few will trickle in.

2) our committee is in charge of creating your Facebook for your class so please give us a few days to put it together! When it is created we will make sure to send a link. This helps connect you to your classmates and the current students to help find housing etc.

If you have any questions about western (curriculum etc.) You are more than welcome to reach out! Unfortunately I can't answer any admissions questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
it has to be another batch of acceptances. there wasn’t that many people who said they were accepted on here like previous years

I’m hoping so too! There’s only about ~10 acceptances posted here so far and 3 rejections that we know of.. i know it everyone posts or is on SDN but this is so few compared to previous years

Ngl but it’s a little frustrating that this is how they’re choosing to do it, especially after releasing decisions all at once the previous years and then delaying decisions by 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
Well this is just very disheartening, I hope the rest of us have at least an answer soon

Congrats to the first round of acceptances! That means the wait is nearly over!
I hope it continues this week. Most schools release decisions at the end of the business day so probably again tonight or on other days. I JUST canceled my trip to visit thinking we wouldn't have a decision till the end of the month 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/26, last name C, haven't received anything yet! Let's hope they're releasing more acceptances for the late interviewers. We still got a chance guys!! Woke up to people receiving results- now i'm gonna think about this all day at work LOL

haven’t heard anything yet. I don’t think i’m getting accepted but I just want to know the decision at this point ugh

IMG_0258.jpg

I emailed my advisor and she replied with this in case that helps anyone

Reactions: 10 users
I’m trying not to feed into my own negativity but I’m afraid I got waitlisted or rejected at this point. I thought I did great on my interview but guess not. 🤷🏻‍♀️😭

I’m trying not to feed into my own negativity but I’m afraid I got waitlisted or rejected at this point. I thought I did great on my interview but guess not. 🤷🏻‍♀️😭
with you buddy

I just got my acceptance e-mail last night. I was interviewed in October and last name starts with G. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Check yalls portal I think I was just offered alternate position? Maybe a glitch?

im confused where we check? I dont see anything but an x on the checklist that says "reply to offer of admissions"

maybe we have to wait for an email?? im confused ahah

So frustrating haha. I have a strong science GPA, a masters degree, and it’s my second time applying

• Care
For those who were accepted, could you send a photo of what your portal says?

Doesn't seem like they over accepted this year given the number of people who posted here last night. Hopefully that means they will pull more from the waitlist

just got the email, looks like i was chosen as an alternate. i’m a little surprised because i thought my interview went incredibly but oh well. i will be removing my name from the waitlist. Congrats to those accepted thus far!

Reactions: 2 users
Alternate! Another list to wait on 😅