Western University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a bs in kinesiology too! :) My GPA was pretty low too but I think you'll be fine because you have a lot of pharmacy experience and your pcat is way better than mine!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a bs in kinesiology too! :) My GPA was pretty low too but I think you'll be fine because you have a lot of pharmacy experience and your pcat is way better than mine!

and you were accepted this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received the transcript request email recently? Any news for those who are currently on the wait list?

is there a mandatory drug test for Western??

That's odd, I've been accepted to this school even after being waitlisted and NOT turning in any forms to stay on the waitlist.

Same. I don't remember them sending anything, but I also got accepted today. :) Good luck to those still on the wait list! Its moving!

I'm definitely late in the game, but does anyone know what their housing plans are going to be like for this coming year?

I'm definitely late in the game, but does anyone know what their housing plans are going to be like for this coming year?

I wouldn't recommend staying on campus. It is NOT worth the money. Also, does this class have a FB page yet?

So you wouldn't recommend places like the Metropolitan? Someone did create a group on page 7 I think, but that link is now invalid.

My friend is currently moving back to LA for work in Burbank, so I'm trying to decide if we should move in together and get an apartment in the middle of us (around Rosemead/El Monte) or if I should stay nearer to campus...
If anyone's looking for roomies, message me!

So you wouldn't recommend places like the Metropolitan? Someone did create a group on page 7 I think, but that link is now invalid.

My friend is currently moving back to LA for work in Burbank, so I'm trying to decide if we should move in together and get an apartment in the middle of us (around Rosemead/El Monte) or if I should stay nearer to campus...
If anyone's looking for roomies, message me!

I was going to suggest that you should log onto the 2017 FB page and check there. I hear that there is a page however it is private. I wish I could tell you if those places are close but I dont know any areas around school lol. I commute each day and dont stay around the area too often.

I've let the school know that I don't want the seat.

No PMs please

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh I want to go to this school soooooo badly! What do I have to do to make my chances better of getting accepted from the waitlist?

Also does anyone know when the first day of school is? Thanks :D

I think the first day of class is in August 9th, it listed in the alternate letter. I want to attend this school so badly, but my chance is so slim since there are so many students who are "alternate". I am wondering how the ranking system works for the alternate.

Btw...does the Class of 2017 have a FB account? I saw a link earlier but it doesn't work. :laugh:

is there a mandatory drug test for Western??
I didn't see any drug test info in the To-do list. When I checked my "holds" listed in Banweb, it just indicated that I just needed to provide my health clearance/immunization paperwork. I also have an academic clearance hold which I believe means that they just need all my official transcripts to indicate that I have fulfilled all the program's pre-requisites. Hope this helps!

I tried using any search combination to find the fb group for 2017 class but couldn't find any either. Lets start one! Lol.

Btw, how long after western accepts your deposit do they give you your banweb info?

I tried using any search combination to find the fb group for 2017 class but couldn't find any either. Lets start one! Lol.

Btw, how long after western accepts your deposit do they give you your banweb info?
After receiving a confirmation for my deposit, I did not receive any correspondence thereafter. I had to call the registrar office to obtain a temporary Banweb password and my student ID. Make sure you login to your Western U email, it has important information regarding your financial aid and other items for you to complete prior to registration.

Ok Leeeesa, I'll try to start the FB and post the link, I just set up a new FB account myself.

Last edited:
Oh really? :x They said in one of my non-Western email that the info for Banweb access would be sent in an email to my Western email.. Good thing I asked or I'd be waiting forever! Thanks LittoDopey.

I just got my acceptance email today at 12:36pm. GOOD LUCK to those who are still waiting.

Hello everyone!!! I recently got accepted a couple days ago after being on hold since february (I interviewed in January). I lost hope for this school because they said they would keep me updated on my status each month, and they didn't. As it turns out, I got accepted! I declined and left my spot at LECOM to attend WesternU. So for those of you still waiting.. don't lose hope. =)

Although I am super thrilled to be attending WesternU. I'm a little stressed because it is a little late and I need to do a TON of things!

For western students already accepted, I want to ask a few things:

1. Where can I find my student ID // westernU email address?
2. Do I need to catch up on anything else (besides immunization, health & physical records, transcripts)?

Lastly, HOUSING: Where do a lot of students live? And where is it safe to life? Anybody need a (female) roommate?

Any information I can get will be super helpful. Thanks everyone in advance!

Congratz Chatterbox2, I was interview on December, the first interview group, but I was placed as an alternate since. It's such a good news to know that you are getting accepted from the alternate list, I think my chance is very slim, since I haven't heard anything from them yet, Did you get an email from them or a call from the school?

Hello everyone!!! I recently got accepted a couple days ago after being on hold since february (I interviewed in January). I lost hope for this school because they said they would keep me updated on my status each month, and they didn't. As it turns out, I got accepted! I declined and left my spot at LECOM to attend WesternU. So for those of you still waiting.. don't lose hope. =)

Although I am super thrilled to be attending WesternU. I'm a little stressed because it is a little late and I need to do a TON of things!

For western students already accepted, I want to ask a few things:

1. Where can I find my student ID // westernU email address?
2. Do I need to catch up on anything else (besides immunization, health & physical records, transcripts)?

Lastly, HOUSING: Where do a lot of students live? And where is it safe to life? Anybody need a (female) roommate?

Any information I can get will be super helpful. Thanks everyone in advance!

Congratulations! Your student ID can be obtained through your WesternU email that will be shortly sent to you. The thing you might want to catch up on would be to find out if there is a different deadline for students who were accepted later to order their white coat and badge (original deadline was on June 24th). Also, there is a form on the Welcome week page that will be due shortly regarding reserving your guest tickets for the convocation and white coat ceremony. As for housing, there is a list of available rentals listed in Banweb that you may once you have access to that, otherwise just check other websites listings. Best of luck.

I think if you order the badge after the deadline, it just won't be ready for the white coat ceremony. Also, for those that are wondering, the magnetic pins are way better than the traditional pins.

I guess, I am the only one that was alternate and haven't been accepted yet, do u think I still have a chance? I want to go to Western so badly, but I am losing my hope...:(:(

I am on the alternate list too, you are not the only one that on the list, I guess our chances are very slim...

Congratz Chatterbox2, I was interview on December, the first interview group, but I was placed as an alternate since. It's such a good news to know that you are getting accepted from the alternate list, I think my chance is very slim, since I haven't heard anything from them yet, Did you get an email from them or a call from the school?
Hello cquach, I got an email from them. Don't lost hope!!

Congratulations! Your student ID can be obtained through your WesternU email that will be shortly sent to you. The thing you might want to catch up on would be to find out if there is a different deadline for students who were accepted later to order their white coat and badge (original deadline was on June 24th). Also, there is a form on the Welcome week page that will be due shortly regarding reserving your guest tickets for the convocation and white coat ceremony. As for housing, there is a list of available rentals listed in Banweb that you may once you have access to that, otherwise just check other websites listings. Best of luck.
Thank you SO much littodopey! I received my student/banweb ID by calling the registrar! And luckily i filled out the welcome week form to request tickets before the deadline. The only deadline I missed is ordering the badge/white coat. Does anyone happen to have the link/contact info so I can order/ask them if it's too late to order! Thanks so much guys.

Hey, r u going to reapply for 2014? or should we wait??

I am on the alternate list too, you are not the only one that on the list, I guess our chances are very slim...

R u going to reapply for 2014? Or should we wait??

I just got my acceptance email today at 12:36pm. GOOD LUCK to those who are still waiting.

Hey, I just want to know if they ask from u your transcripts before your acceptance email? And also what was GPA?

Thank you SO much littodopey! I received my student/banweb ID by calling the registrar! And luckily i filled out the welcome week form to request tickets before the deadline. The only deadline I missed is ordering the badge/white coat. Does anyone happen to have the link/contact info so I can order/ask them if it's too late to order! Thanks so much guys.

Order it now. It just might not be there for white coat. Also if it matters, get the magnet, not the pin.

wow, congratz to you, that's the big news that you got your acceptance, do you happen to know how many students are in the alternate list? When was your interview? thanks for your comment?

I will do both, but will reapply after July 4th..

I will do both, but will reapply after July 4th..

I am still an alternate, I called them they told me there r about 120 people in the alternate list, i got very upset, as u never know if u r gonna be one of the 120?! I wonder what they r looking at when they r choosing?:confused::confused::(

Hey, I just want to know if they ask from u your transcripts before your acceptance email? And also what was GPA?

They didn't ask for my transcript. I am still finishing up my last upper division GE course and plan to send in my transcript after that. My cum GPA was 3.81. Hang in there guys, my two other friends are also waiting too. Pray for all.

Hi cquach, I got an email today that I am accepted!!!! Don't loose hope, next is you!!!

wow, 090778, big congratz to you, that's an awesome news, I really wish I'll be the NEXT one, thanks...