Western University in Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have also heard that about half of the students in last years class was pulled from the waitlist too from a couple of the P1 students that I talked to during my interview. And I am 99.9% positive that Dr. Prabhu said the same thing. I was at the Feb 27th interview and a lot of people there also interview at USC the week before. I read that USC just sent out acceptances last week as well sooooo some hopefully they got into USC and go there instead. Also UCSF just started sending out there acceptances last week too. So hopefully this means there will movement in the waitlist. There's nothing to do but think positive. :xf:

thanks..you are so nice to let us know that much :xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

To hopingtogetin,

have you received anything yet? If not, have you recently changed your mailing address? Since I changed my address, however, I did provide Daniel my new address but somehow I don't know why it has not been updated. anyway, I called them and they said the final decisions have been made and they sent notice out to all students.

if all final decisions have been made, so we, the waitlister just have to wailt and hope someone....get accepted to big shools then...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just sent in my intent to enroll at another school. I'll contact Western to give up my seat as soon as I hear back from them. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist :luck:

I just sent in my intent to enroll at another school. I'll contact Western to give up my seat as soon as I hear back from them. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist :luck:

Where are you going instead?

To hopingtogetin,

have you received anything yet? If not, have you recently changed your mailing address? Since I changed my address, however, I did provide Daniel my new address but somehow I don't know why it has not been updated. anyway, I called them and they said the final decisions have been made and they sent notice out to all students.

To rmlc,
I haven't received anything yet. If they're sending it out then we should expect it on monday? So I guess it's going to be rejection, hold or alternate then? :( Let me know when you received yours. My address has been the same.

To rmlc,
I haven't received anything yet. If they're sending it out then we should expect it on monday? So I guess it's going to be rejection, hold or alternate then? :( Let me know when you received yours. My address has been the same.

If you haven't changed your address, you should contact them right away (call them is the fastest way, the phone #s are on the brochure that we had on the interview day) to find out why you still don't receive yours. I think now there are only either alternate or rejection. Still, good luck.

Are the interviews are over? or is there any interview date coming? cos i havent heard about rejection or interview lettr.:confused::(:scared:

hi. i just sent in my deposit. what are you guys doing in the meantime
before school starts? i am currently working at a pharmaceutical company, but i want some more experience in the community setting

hi. i just sent in my deposit. what are you guys doing in the meantime
before school starts? i am currently working at a pharmaceutical company, but i want some more experience in the community setting

i'm finishing up some pre-reqs, but want to get some other pharmacy experience as well. which company are you working at now?

i'm finishing up some pre-reqs, but want to get some other pharmacy experience as well. which company are you working at now?

i used to work for watson pharmaceuticals. they are huge in the generic sector. now im working at grifols biologicals, they make coagulation products, eg factor viii and factor ix. they r mainly for hemophilic patients. are u currently working and what other experiences do u have in pharmacy?

If you haven't changed your address, you should contact them right away (call them is the fastest way, the phone #s are on the brochure that we had on the interview day) to find out why you still don't receive yours. I think now there are only either alternate or rejection. Still, good luck.

I emailed them and they say that just wait...should I call them? did you receive yours yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them and they say that just wait...should I call them? did you receive yours yet?

I haven't received mine yet but when I called them to check about my status and why I still don't get any notice they said they sent out to my old address. Therefore, I know that they have made the final decisions and sent out all the letters. However, when I asked about my status they refused to give it over the phone. So, i think i will receive it next Monday. I'll let you know when I got mine no matter what the result is.

Let's wait until Monday, if you don't receive yours then give them a call.

I haven't received mine yet but when I called them to check about my status and why I still don't get any notice they said they sent out to my old address. Therefore, I know that they have made the final decisions and sent out all the letters. However, when I asked about my status they refused to give it over the phone. So, i think i will receive it next Monday. I'll let you know when I got mine no matter what the result is.

Let's wait until Monday, if you don't receive yours then give them a call.

To rmlc,
Thank u so much for sharing. I will let you know when I receive mine too. Wish us luck... :):xf:

To Rmlc,
I checked today and still haven't received any letter from Western. i tried to call the admissions but the person that is taken care of my profile wasn't there in his office. I tried to call him so many times but he's never at his desk. :( What about you?

To Rmlc,
I checked today and still haven't received any letter from Western. i tried to call the admissions but the person that is taken care of my profile wasn't there in his office. I tried to call him so many times but he's never at his desk. :( What about you?

I still don't have anything today. You can try to call Daniell Mendoza at 909 469 5541. Let me know if you hear something

I received my rejection letter in mail today........sad!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::cool::cool::cool::cool:

TO rmlc,
I called them again today and they actually picked up the phone. They told me that they sent it out to my other address. But I remembered I didn't put that address down in my application. But they'd resent it. You'll prob get it before me. Let me know.

I received my rejection letter in mail today........sad!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::cool::cool::cool::cool:

To Talkative,

Really??? :( I'll prob get the sameeeeeee thing. Did you receive any letter before this one and when was your interview? :((

Last edited:
i started off as an alternate and now i got accepted! not sure how that works...but i'm pretty stoked to be going to my first choice. :)

congrats to u! please let us know if anyone else is getting accepted from the alt list

Hey euqinugoogoo,

How were you notified of you acceptance status? And how long were you on the alternate spot? Thanks

Received my acceptance today via e-mail.

Interviewed: 3/20
Placed on Alternate: 4/12
Acceptance: 4/21

Last edited:
i started off as an alternate and now i got accepted! not sure how that works...but i'm pretty stoked to be going to my first choice. :)

congratulations! when was urs interview and how long ago were u being put on the alternate list? did the school contact u through email?

it seems like people who had late interviews have a better chance to get in...no one was pulled from the DEC interview waitlist?:(

To rmlc,
I've gotten my letters and noticed that it was sent back on april 9th. I was placed in alternate. I just replied back today. hopefully there're still alot of seats left for us. What about you?

congratulations! when was urs interview and how long ago were u being put on the alternate list? did the school contact u through email?

I interviewed 3/20. I sent my acceptance of alternate letter on 4/14. I received the email this morning.

To rmlc,
I've gotten my letters and noticed that it was sent back on april 9th. I was placed in alternate. I just replied back today. hopefully there're still alot of seats left for us. What about you?

Congrats that you are placed on alternate, that means there still has chance for you. I still haven't got mine yet :(

Hey guys, congrats on getting accepted. :)

If you're on the wait list, keep your heads up, more than half of my class got in from the wait list. Some just days before school started.

If you have specific questions, you're welcome to PM me.

GL and congrats again. :)

Congrats that you are placed on alternate, that means there still has chance for you. I still haven't got mine yet :(
You'll prob get it by today or friday. Because I went to the other address to pick it up. Good luck :)

I was wondering for those of you who sent in your deposit and acceptance form have you heard anything from Western?

I was wondering for those of you who sent in your deposit and acceptance form have you heard anything from Western?

Yes I received a letter in the mail today (4/24). I send in my deposit on Monday. The letter had info about transcripts, health exam and another letter giving instructions for an email account.

Yes I received a letter in the mail today (4/24). I send in my deposit on Monday. The letter had info about transcripts, health exam and another letter giving instructions for an email account.

Thanks I'll go check my mail. I sent my deposit in on Friday 4/16

Has there been anymore movement within the waitlist? It seems to be moving sooo slow.

To rmlc,

To hopingtogetin,

I got a fax today which says I am also placed on alternate (still not receiving the letter yet). You said you got your letters, does it mean the "hold" letter and then the "alternate" letter? I am just curious since I don't know if I was placed on hold first then alternate :confused: because I still haven't received any letter by mail.

our acceptance deposit was due this week. im assuming not everyone accepted their offers so u guys who are on the alt / wait list should hear soon.

To hopingtogetin,

I got a fax today which says I am also placed on alternate (still not receiving the letter yet). You said you got your letters, does it mean the "hold" letter and then the "alternate" letter? I am just curious since I don't know if I was placed on hold first then alternate :confused: because I still haven't received any letter by mail.

Everyone who was on "hold" after their interview is now either, accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. There is no more holds. So you were probably on hold but now you are moved to the alternate list. :) It's a good thing.

Everyone who was on "hold" after their interview is now either, accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. There is no more holds. So you were probably on hold but now you are moved to the alternate list. :) It's a good thing.
To rmlc,
yes. I received a hold first then got switch to alternate. Congrats :)

Does anyone know people who were rejected after their interview? I am wondering if that all the people who didn't get accepted were all placed on the alternate, since I haven't heard from anyone saying they got rejected letter after their interview. If that's the case, then they have a long list of alternate (about 300 ???). Can someone clarify this plz?

I am not sure how much comfort this will bring, but I wanted to inform those of you on the alternate list that I will be turning down Western. I hope one of you will get my spot.

If you guys have been officially accepted and are committed to western. Join the facebook group to get needed advice, find roommates, or want to be in the "know."

Join: COMP 2014

Does anyone know people who were rejected after their interview? I am wondering if that all the people who didn't get accepted were all placed on the alternate, since I haven't heard from anyone saying they got rejected letter after their interview. If that's the case, then they have a long list of alternate (about 300 ???). Can someone clarify this plz?

There were some people got rejected but I think there're more ppl on the waiting lists.

There were some people got rejected but I think there're more ppl on the waiting lists.

if they interviewed 400ish people and accepted about 120, i think the waitlist must be long...i guess it should be more than 200 people on the waitlist...i think they will pull off people from the waiting list randomly:xf: