Western University Feb. interview people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you interested in Western U, I just read my Western e-mail about the tuition increase.

2007-2008 Academic Year
PharmD - $35,900

I'm still happy about going there, but OUCH on the tuition.

Wow, that's as expensive as tuition at USC >__<

Members don't see this ad.

The official word put out at the March interviews was that there were 60 seats still open and that they would be filled by 3 weeks after the March interviews (about 7-10 more days of waiting).

The official word put out at the March interviews was that there were 60 seats still open and that they would be filled by 3 weeks after the March interviews (about 7-10 more days of waiting).

No more waiting!!! =)

Got the acceptance email this afternoon -> check your email guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Omgosh!! I just got accepted to WesternU!! I hope everyone else gets in soon too.... Now I really don't know where to go......

ME TOO! OH my....I never thought it'd happen. See you guys in the fall. Thanks SDN for all your help. For all those sub 3.2 gpa's out there, there is HOPE afterall!

do they also mail you a letter along with the email, because I never got my email for the interview, and a lot of people I spoke with at the interview said that their email concerning the interview went into their Bulk Folder?

I wonder if they are going to accept more people ON HOLD from previous interviews?

I'm sort of perplexed, not saying I'm that great of an applicant, but I've been accepted to several schools and I have to say I thought Western was by FAR my best interview and my stats are above their average and I'm still on hold. :confused:

Congrats to eveeryone else though :thumbup:

did Western email acceptance info first, then send a letter by mail?? I got my acceptance thru email and I'm from the March interview.

Hi everyone, I got taken off HOLD status, I interviewed back in January

whoops nvm I did get in, just checked my e-mail a whiles back ago. :eek:

Congratulations to all those who got accepted! :)

oh, so Western has started pulling out ppl from hold list.
Gratz to anyone who got accepted. ^^

*checks email*
I got nothing >_<;;;
Prolly, I'll get another rejection letter soon <__<;;;

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations!!! i 'll see you guys in this fall!!!:love:

Congras to everyone who got in. Must go check my e-mail.

did Western email acceptance info first, then send a letter by mail?? I got my acceptance thru email and I'm from the March interview.

In the email acceptance letter, it states that an actual letter will be sent out later via snail mail. They're sending out emails first since the deposit deadline is April 20th (for me). I just want to make sure it was sent to the right person because the letter was just addressed to Ms._____ and alot of ppl have my last name.........:rolleyes:

exactly..i was 2nd guessing myself cuz only my last name...

In the email acceptance letter, it states that an actual letter will be sent out later via snail mail. They're sending out emails first since the deposit deadline is April 20th (for me). I just want to make sure it was sent to the right person because the letter was just addressed to Ms._____ and alot of ppl have my last name.........:rolleyes:

I wonder if they have ever sent the email to the wrong person....and if so, how many times has that happened???

i had the march interview but i just got notified of my acceptance letter

find the group on facebook if your going to western u

"Western University School of Pharmacy c/o 2011"

WHAT SHOULD I SAY IN THE REPLY LETTER TO THE invitation? what to do if I've lost my immunization record??? ahhh! help

For those of you in the march 24th interview and possibly in the feb interview as well; I got an acceptance from Western a few days ago. It took them a little over a week to get it out to me. It came as an E-mail and they said they'll send a letter soon. Good luck to all of you still waiting...I know the feeling!

Soo.. whose from the february intevriew and got accepted? just curious..no acceptance for me.. :(

WHAT SHOULD I SAY IN THE REPLY LETTER TO THE invitation? what to do if I've lost my immunization record??? ahhh! help
hi... you can submit your "antibody test results" instead of immunization record.. actually, i don't have any record and then asked about it. The western U said that my immunization history can be replaced by "antibody tests".. so you need to see your physician to ask about it.. eventhough your antibody tests can't replace all immunization, you can save some money and time required for taking all shots ^^

anybody get in without a B.S.?

Soo.. whose from the february intevriew and got accepted? just curious..no acceptance for me.. :(

Nothing for me yet either. I interviewed in Feb. The wait is killing me. Now I am more anxious bec. I know people are getting a response.

People who just got accepted: could you guys tell us when you interviewed.

I, along with two of my other friends that got accepted, interviewed in Feb.

Congrats! and thanks for the info:) ..i guess i wont be stalking my mailbox/email for awhile..

People who just got accepted: could you guys tell us when you interviewed.

hi all. i received my acceptance email on wednesday (4/4/07). i interviewed in march. good luck everyone and hope to see most of you in the fall!

thanks SDN for all of your help!

I interviewed back in January and i just got my acceptance EMAIL on 4-4-07. See everyone in the fall.

For all those that got accepted this week, could you let us know when you receive the letter (acceptance letter in the mail), I accidentally deleted emails in my inbox by accident on wednesday so there is a chance that I deleted the email. thanks, and congrats to all who got accepted.

I was also from the Feb interview. :) For those of you who have been accepted, is WesternU your first choice? Are any of you choosing it over Loma Linda by any chance?

for those of you who might not have received an email...i also got a phone call this afternoon from one of the professors. i thought that was really nice of western to have a faculty member personally contact and congratulate me on my acceptance...so stay close to your phone!

good luck...i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!! :D

for those of you who might not have received an email...i also got a phone call this afternoon from one of the professors. i thought that was really nice of western to have a faculty member personally contact and congratulate me on my acceptance...so stay close to your phone!

good luck...i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!!! :D

wow that's really nice of the professors to take the time to call and congratulate you, i wonder if they do that with everyone.

Yeah, I also was impressed with the phone call. It was from the guy I interviewed with.

congrats everyone! but i picked Loma Linda over Western just cuz i like the small class size where everyone really get to know each other. And i had bad experiences w/ group work.... : (

I just confirmed with Western Admin that all acceptance emails have been sent out on 4-4-07. Alternate and waitlist status letters will be mailed out on Monday April 9th.

The waiting game had to end, it has cost me enough zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's:sleep:

Alternate and waitlisted applicants will need to endure till mid-August!:D :sleep:

I wish you all the best - Smile and be happy:) Life is too short as it is:laugh:

I just confirmed with Western Admin that all acceptance emails have been sent out on 4-4-07. Alternate and waitlist status letters will be mailed out on Monday April 9th.

Alternate and waitlisted applicants will need to endure till mid-August!:D :sleep:

I wish you all the best - Smile and be happy:) Life is too short as it is:laugh:

hmmm isn't waitlist the same as alternate? :confused:
how about the rejection letter?

I was also from the Feb interview. :) For those of you who have been accepted, is WesternU your first choice? Are any of you choosing it over Loma Linda by any chance?

I turned down my interview with LLU after being accepted to Western. I'm not too fond of the religious affliation of LLU. Plus, Western is accredited.

Maybe they are doing it differently this year but from what I read on other threads, last year they put everyone they didn't place on the alternate list/accepted, on hold until the very end

:confused: Sorry for an incomplete breakdown.
Here is a better version of post interview letters:

Alternate candidates may be offered a seat from the time the alternate letter is received until August 17, 2007. A written response from applicants, when you first learn of your alternate status, is all that is required for you to remain in consideration. Hence the alternate status will remain unchanged until notified in writing from the Admissions Office - with an acceptance offer.

Hold status applicants will have their file reviewed at a later date ( to be determined by the Admissions Committee). After the review, hold candidates could receive a letter of accept, alternate or non-accept.

Of course, there is always the dreadful rejection letter...self explanatory.

Hope this info clarifies the earlier short version.

Good luck!:luck:

I don't understand. If all the acceptance e-mails have been sent out on 4/4/07 then how come people were called today. Did the people who were called today receive an e-mail on 4/4/07 and today's call was only to congratulate them :confused:?

^ yes. the ppl who got called today are the same ones who also got the email, but i did not receive a call. I did however get the email.

I don't understand. If all the acceptance e-mails have been sent out on 4/4/07 then how come people were called today. Did the people who were called today receive an e-mail on 4/4/07 and today's call was only to congratulate them :confused:?

Redrose: I would say the Faculty member is just exercising some P.R. -adding icing to the cake! Some students are pampered to entice them to pick Western.

As we all know, not all accepted students are going to Western - some may decide to go elsewhere! There wil definitely be some spots to fill early on.
All accepted students need to send in their deposits by April 20th or else....the alternate/waitlist group will start to fill the gap.

So...chill! Stress is our enemy....it causes apoptosis, remember?:laugh:

Good luck on your letters next week!

Life is too short......We won't be around in a hundred years!

Last edited:
I've been waiting for responses since November and December interviews. I actually would rather not receive an email on Monday. I am SOOO tired of waiting. :mad:

Congratulations to all though.