Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi guys I am a student at Western. Our First interview date is Saturday December 8th. You should start receiving calls next week sometime. If you don't get a call right away...dont worry they call people all the way up to a few days before the interview. Hope to see you guys at the interview on the 8th! I will be here for it that day!!!:) Don't be nervous...everyone here is really nice! If you have any questions let me know...I might be able to help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys I am a student at Western. Our First interview date is Saturday December 8th. You should start receiving calls next week sometime. If you don't get a call right away...dont worry they call people all the way up to a few days before the interview. Hope to see you guys at the interview on the 8th! I will be here for it that day!!!:) Don't be nervous...everyone here is really nice! If you have any questions let me know...I might be able to help!

Thank you pharmgrl14. I wonder if the school will contact us by email or by phone only.

Thank you pharmgrl14. I wonder if the school will contact us by email or by phone only.

Last year I was contacted by phone for my interview....I think most people were. I would also check your email too...just to be safe!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey pharmgrl, i know that WU does not require PCAT. If I took PCAT however, do they take a look at that or they won't even bother like UCSF?
Last year I was contacted by phone for my interview....I think most people were. I would also check your email too...just to be safe!

Happy pre-thanksgiving guys!

2 Questions-
Is it more advantageous to interview in Dec than say April ?
After the interview, what are the chances of getting in?

2 Questions-

chances of getting accepted depend on how many spots are open at the time of your interview.

so its best to interview in december, when there are plenty spots open..as opposed to april, where limited spots are left.

goodluck to you.

Has anyone checked their application status on BanWeb? If so, when did you submit your apps. Mine says incomplete. Grr.

Thanks.

Has anyone checked their application status on BanWeb? If so, when did you submit your apps. Mine says incomplete. Grr.

Thanks.

Airen,
I think we all have incomplete app status on banweb. Mine says incomplete too but if you look at the supplemental application recieved line, it has a date. Well, the sup app had all the things in it like the fee, which they cashed and the letters of rec, etc. The only things filled in for me is Supp App Rec'd and the date they got it. And the school names of all the schools I sent transcripts from to PharmCas. If you have more than that filled out, let me know.

Goinkhead,
Banweb is the western online self service website. Today, I saw that Western sent me a letter, I was hoping it was an interview date and dreading it was a rejection letter. I open it and it just says that to check my app status on banweb, it gives you a student id and password. So you can't check your status until you get the letter.

Airen,
I think we all have incomplete app status on banweb. Mine says incomplete too but if you look at the supplemental application recieved line, it has a date. Well, the sup app had all the things in it like the fee, which they cashed and the letters of rec, etc. The only things filled in for me is Supp App Rec'd and the date they got it. And the school names of all the schools I sent transcripts from to PharmCas. If you have more than that filled out, let me know.

Goinkhead,
Banweb is the western online self service website. Today, I saw that Western sent me a letter, I was hoping it was an interview date and dreading it was a rejection letter. I open it and it just says that to check my app status on banweb, it gives you a student id and password. So you can't check your status until you get the letter.

I am kinda confused with this banweb thing. whend did you submit your application? and what date did they send the letter?

just wanted to let you guys know that Western has started to call people today for interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats googleit.

I didn't get any calls today. Hopefully next week. I need a miracle this year before holidays. too much pressure...:beat:

So I come home today to see a letter addressed from Western University of Health Sciences. I'm also starving from a very long day and holding hot food in my hand. Of course, anything pharmacy related has precedence over anything... so I go into the kitchen and open the letter.

banweb.

haha...

Luckily my application is complete.

Hi guys, I got a call from Western today! Good luck to everyone and see you on the 8th!

do we get the letter before the phone call? :confused: Let me know. :DI haven't received any letter fomr them except the email that they have received my stuff back in August/September.

Congrats to pcyst111 and googleit again.

Hi guys, I got a call from Western today! Good luck to everyone and see you on the 8th!

Congratulation, pcyst111. Have you finished all the prerequisites and how about your stat? Would you mind sharing with us?

Congrats to you guys who got invites!

Does anyone know if they leave a voicemail if you don't pick up?

Thank you for all the kind words, here are some answers to some of the questions asked:

I submitted my application back at the end of August and I have not finished all the pre-reqs yet

It is a phone call and I did not recieve any letters from Western before then not even the banweb everyone is talking about

Yes, they do leave voicemails if you don't pick up because my friend missed the call and got a voicemail. (He submitted his application at the beginning of August)

Good luck everyone!

Awesome...... Congrats guys. I'm sure more people will get calls on monday.

Yes, they definately leave a voicemail if need be. If you have missed the call, one way to tell would be their area code- missed call with area code 909 would appear.
In terms of prereqs, I haven't finished yet. I submitted my apps at the mid of September.
Happy thanksgiving and thanks for all the congrats. Good luck to everyone!

for those who got an interview, what are your stats please?

hi guys,
i'm new to this site. but i'm ecstatic to say Western just contacted me on Wednesday!!! I'm coming in for the interview on Dec 8th :D

good luck to everyone!

stats:
gpa: 3.28
no pcat
work, tutor, volunteer, research, b.s

i applied in june though :D

Thats great but will you still be a Lakers fan when they drop Coby?????

Thats great but will you still be a Lakers fan when they drop Coby?????

hahahahaha those fans are hard to find... look what happened to chicago fans when jordan left.

hahaha yeah i will! I think Kobe is such a poor sport, they shouldn't have traded shaq...oh well.

so, how are you guys preparing for your interviews?

hahaha yeah i will! I think Kobe is such a poor sport, they shouldn't have traded shaq...oh well.

so, how are you guys preparing for your interviews?

shaq is past his prime, hes no longer productive...probably because of his lazy attitude.

kobe is still very much productive and a catalyst for the lakers. however, i wouldnt mind if they traded him to detriot.

lol 16 points per game and 7 rebounds per game for him and u said he passed his prime and not productive. come on man at least follow some basketball... shaq is still probably better than 20 centers in the league who are starting.
shaq is past his prime, hes no longer productive...probably because of his lazy attitude.

kobe is still very much productive and a catalyst for the lakers. however, i wouldnt mind if they traded him to detriot.

lol 16 points per game and 7 rebounds per game for him and u said he passed his prime and not productive. come on man at least follow some basketball... shaq is still probably better than 20 centers in the league who are starting.

16 points per game compared to the high 20's points per games throughout his career.....id say thats a decline in his productivity.

im glad the lakers got rid of him, instead of giving him the ridiculous salary that he was requesting. miami front office is surely banging their foreheads right now.

youre rihgt, shaq among the top 20 startign centers (considering there are 30 teams in the nba)...but hes passed his prime

hahahahaha those fans are hard to find... look what happened to chicago fans when jordan left.

chicago home games have been selling out for years after micheal left. i dont know the exact date but its been a while since a home gaem hasnt been sold out

chicago home games have been selling out for years after micheal left. i dont know the exact date but its been a while since a home gaem hasnt been sold out

well if you are talking in terms of ticket sales.. the stadium of course wasn't enough to accommodate when jordan came back for the second three peat but after he retired again in 1999... the fans died down but there were too many fans to begin with to affect the ticket sales. How long has it been since you saw someone wearing a bulls jersey on the street? =)

well if you are talking in terms of ticket sales.. the stadium of course wasn't enough to accommodate when jordan came back for the second three peat but after he retired again in 1999... the fans died down but there were too many fans to begin with to affect the ticket sales. How long has it been since you saw someone wearing a bulls jersey on the street? =)

i rest my case

Hey guys,
did all of you receive mail confirmation about your application being complete?
I received an e-mail a while back saying my application was complete on 10/9, and i haven't received anything since...

Do you get that banweb letter if they are finished reviewing your application?

Hey guys,
did all of you receive mail confirmation about your application being complete?
I received an e-mail a while back saying my application was complete on 10/9, and i haven't received anything since...

Do you get that banweb letter if they are finished reviewing your application?

I received a notice on 10/17:

Hello xxx,

When your file is being processed you will be contacted by one of the counselors.

That's the last correspondence that was sent to me by Western. Also, I have not received a banweb letter as well. I know that they have received both my PharmCAS and supplemental. I don't know what's the delay with sending the banweb letter.

I did not receive any emails after the confirmation saying my file was complete. Also, I have not received any information in the mail including the banweb letter everyone is talking about.

Does anyone know if we'll recieve some information in the mail regarding the interview and what's going to happen on that day?

I did not receive any emails after the confirmation saying my file was complete. Also, I have not received any information in the mail including the banweb letter everyone is talking about.

Does anyone know if we'll recieve some information in the mail regarding the interview and what's going to happen on that day?

I got my banweb letter yesterday and I live about 45 minutes away from Western. I completed my pharmcas on 9/1 and supplemental on 9/8. But so far, no phone call for an interview. Hopefully this coming week! Hope this helps.

hey pharmgrl, i know that WU does not require PCAT. If I took PCAT however, do they take a look at that or they won't even bother like UCSF?

I dont think they look at PCAT scores at all....sorry!

2 Questions-

Actually it doesn't really matter if you are in the beginning interview slot or the last March slot. Last year I interviewed in March (the last one) and got accepted 2 weeks later. Many people in the first interviews are put on hold until they get the chance to interview the rest of the students. So even if you get the last interview date in March....dont worry you still have a great chance. I heard last year more of the March interviewees got in then the February group. I hope that helps!

i just got a call right now for the dec 8th interview, but i'll most likely be turning it down. good luck all :luck:

i just got a call right now for the dec 8th interview, but i'll most likely be turning it down. good luck all :luck:

wow, congrats terse. Let us know if and when you will turn it down because I and many others are patiently waiting for that phone call.:rolleyes:

i just got a call too!! hope to see you all then on 8th!

Congrats everyone!!! I will see you here on December 8th. I will be here talking to all you interviewees!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

P.S. I am a first year right now....by the way!

for those getting interview calls..please post stats. i am guessing they are calling 3.5 GPA or higher right now...but I don't know.

i got an interview invite for the 8th but i am already interviewing elsewhere. i will be attending the 2nd session though (they haven't specified when it is though)

pharmcas cGPA: 3.08
pharmcas sGPA: 3.47
volunteered at a pharmacy + currently working at a pharmacy (6 months)

I just got the call for Dec. 8 so i will see you all there :)
3.7gpa from ucla
1 year experience cpht
Good Luck everyone!!!!!!