Western U

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poopoo143

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had 2 questions regarding western U.
For those who are currently attending Western U, I was wondering when you turned in your applications.

For anyone who has attempted Western's LONG supplemental application, can you can give me some suggestions about western #12 question. IT SO BROAD!! AHHH

.12. Please use space below to make any additional personal comments that you think will strengthen your application..

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I had 2 questions regarding western U.
For those who are currently attending Western U, I was wondering when you turned in your applications.

For anyone who has attempted Western's LONG supplemental application, can you can give me some suggestions about western #12 question. IT SO BROAD!! AHHH

.12. Please use space below to make any additional personal comments that you think will strengthen your application..

thank you!

The question sounds like it's asking you to write anything else that you feel will help your application. I haven't taken a look at Western's application-- but is there anything else that isn't addressed in the other questions that you'd like to add? That would be a good place to start.

Members don't see this ad :)
This question is optional so if you don't have anything to say, you don't need to answer it

Little confused here.. but on Western's website it says they don't participate in the early admission process, but they are indeed doing interviews on a rolling basis?

thanks!

i guess that sort of makes sense...if X and Y are invited to an interview in december but Y chooses to go to an interview in january, then western invites Z and he/she interviews in Y's place...

For that question, you can just write anything you think will help strengthen your application. When I applied, I wrote a mini-version of my personal statement. I asked my classmates and they said they basically wrote about themselves, or about why they want to go to western or just anything additional that you didn't include or that wasn't asked in the supplemental application. Hope that helps.

Hi guys,

I just received an email from Western to announce that they have just received my pharmCAS application. Does any one know how long it will take Western to review one's application?

thanks

Hi superbug, just wanted to ask you when you submitted your application

Hi guys,

I just received an email from Western to announce that they have just received my pharmCAS application. Does any one know how long it will take Western to review one's application?

thanks

hi superbug

just wondering, have you already done ur supplemental? and does western only start reviewing ur application once u have submitted EVERYTHING? thanks!

I replied via PM, but in case this helps anyone else, here's my input:

"I was ED at Oregon State last year so I couldn't submit my pharmcas app until after I was released by OSU to apply to other schools. I wasn't able to submit my application until Oct 28+/-, Just before the Nov 1 deadline.

Question 12 would be for anything you really wanted to discuss in your PS, but weren't able to do so because of either continuity (it wouldn't have fit with the rest of the content in your PS) or space (it just didn't fit)

For me I discussed my shortcomings in my Freshman year (academic deficiencies) and my position at work where I take supervisor calls and have taken several work offered courses in management preparation (project management, resolving conflict, panel interviewing, etc) and how they prepared me for a career in pharmacy. They didn't fit in the context of my PS which went an entirely different direction. (There also wasn't enough room left in my PS anyway)"

Hi superbug, just wanted to ask you when you submitted your application
Hi Michelle and Googleit,

I submitted my supplemental application three weeks ago. They emailed me to confirm that they received my supp appl.

I e-submitted my pharmCAS appl 7/08/07. Mailing date was 07/28/07.

About your question Michelle, I do not know when they will review my appl. I think they will only review your appl until they receive both suppl and pharmcas. I really have no idea. I think the earlier you submit your appl., the better chance you have.

I hope SDNers here will have the answer. Any one has any input, please share with us. Thanks

western called me concerning an email problem. with thati asked if they participate in rolling admissions

the lady on the phone said they DIDN'T participate in rolling admissions, but she recommended that i apply early so that they can review my file earlier

isn't that what rolling admissions is?!?! maybe she just said that so that they would get less traffic as the deadline approached...but to clarify things for people asking, she clearly stated that they DIDN'T participate in rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
western called me concerning an email problem. with thati asked if they participate in rolling admissions

the lady on the phone said they DIDN'T participate in rolling admissions, but she recommended that i apply early so that they can review my file earlier

isn't that what rolling admissions is?!?! maybe she just said that so that they would get less traffic as the deadline approached...but to clarify things for people asking, she clearly stated that they DIDN'T participate in rolling admissions

lol that's so weird.. but the point is go GET IT IN ASAP!

Interview sessions are available in late Nov when they receive all applications. That means they don't have rolling system.

I got an email too from Western telling me that they received my supplemental application yesterday. I have a mailing date of 08/06 on PharmCAS and it's strange that I have not yet received any confirmation from any of the schools I applied to inform me that they have received my PharmCAS application. Did any of you with the mailing date of 08/06 on PharmCAS receive any type of confirmation from your schools? I know I can't really do anything about when PharmCAS sends out my application but I'd just like to know.

I got an email too from Western telling me that they received my supplemental application yesterday. I have a mailing date of 08/06 on PharmCAS and it's strange that I have not yet received any confirmation from any of the schools I applied to inform me that they have received my PharmCAS application. Did any of you with the mailing date of 08/06 on PharmCAS receive any type of confirmation from your schools? I know I can't really do anything about when PharmCAS sends out my application but I'd just like to know.

hey googleit...silly question, but is this 'mailing date' on PharmCAS the day that you e-submit your application?

my western mailing date was 7/27 but she called me last week because they could not send an email to me...so i guess it takes them a month or so to review your application?

hey googleit...silly question, but is this 'mailing date' on PharmCAS the day that you e-submit your application?
No, the mailing date was the date PharmCAS sent my application to the schools. I e-submitted like 1-2 weeks before 08/06.

hey guys:

just filling out the Western's pre-req worksheet here.... and for a course In Progress... we check off 'IP' right?

thanks!

yes, IP = In Progress.

thanks Terse :)

oi im so slow! did anybody hear anything back from Western yet?

thanks Terse :)

oi im so slow! did anybody hear anything back from Western yet?
Nothing from Western for me. Only confirmations. Anyone else knows anything about their first interview dates? Will it be next year? The waiting is killing me slowly!

western seems extremely tough in regards to pre-reqs... ie they won't let u take any classes this summer to finish up... and they denied some of the classes that other schools deemed as equivalent.

anybody else get that feeling?

just passing the word...i think i posted in the wrong place...here it is again,

i heard that Western students must be so dumb that tech have to teach them how drugs works and besides, most of the professors sit around waiting for their low pathetic paycheck...is that why a lot of good one left??...:thumbdown:

Just got an email from western saying that they won't start evaluate our files until after Nov. 1st. Then, we will hear from them through email/letter regarding our status.

Another month! Good luck to you all.

Nothing from Western for me. Only confirmations. Anyone else knows anything about their first interview dates? Will it be next year? The waiting is killing me slowly!

Hi guys...I am a P1 here at Western. There are 4 interview dates, december, january, february, and march. Also I WOULD apply as early as possible. They review the files in the order they come in...so those people get interview spots first. They start admitting people after the first interview so the space they have open does get smaller. I dont know why they told you it wasnt rolling....anyway if you have any more questions let me know...hope to see you next year!

just passing the word...i think i posted in the wrong place...here it is again,

i heard that Western students must be so dumb that tech have to teach them how drugs works and besides, most of the professors sit around waiting for their low pathetic paycheck...is that why a lot of good one left??...:thumbdown:

Hehe here is when I have to defend Western. I wonder who you heard this from? For your info, Western has had practically 100% board pass rate for the past couple of years. Not last year but the two consecutive years before, WesternU won FIRST PLACE against all the other California schools during interschool knowledge bowl-type competitions.

In regards to your comment, I highly doubt techs are 'teaching' how drugs work--what if they just want to apply their knowledge from class to work place or if they are 1st year students who have not covered drug metabolism (such as myself?). Okay, regarding the professors, they are helpful and accessible--I see many students in my class going to their office hours all the time, especially since we've been having exams every week til december! I know you 'heard' this comment, but common, would you seriously take ignorant comments like this to make such generalizations about a school? If so, then thank you for not applying to WesternU. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, anyone interested in WesternU (curriculum, interviews, apps, school life) feel free to PM me. I usually comment on SDN often but I've been so busy lately! Hehe :p

Just got an email from western saying that they won't start evaluate our files until after Nov. 1st. Then, we will hear from them through email/letter regarding our status.

Another month! Good luck to you all.

I just recieved the same email...

"Your file is ready for evaluation by the department. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing files after November 01, 2007. After your file has been evaluted, you will be contacted by phone or recieve a letter regarding your status."

So...no rolling?

western seems extremely tough in regards to pre-reqs... ie they won't let u take any classes this summer to finish up... and they denied some of the classes that other schools deemed as equivalent.

anybody else get that feeling?

Agreed

did anyone submit both supp and pharmcas app and still have not received any confirmations at all from wu?

did anyone submit both supp and pharmcas app and still have not received any confirmations at all from wu?

i was just about to ask that! they've got everything for over a week now...no reply... (now i feel silly for spending money on expensive postage)....anybody else? whats the standard time for them to even acknowledge that they've got your stuff?

they emailed me a coupla weeks ago saying they received my pharmcas and they emailed me last week or so saying they received my supplemental

that's about it though

two people who work there told me that right now the apps go to admission counselor who checks it for completeness. Then they admission counselor passes the apps to admission committee who evaluate them after nov 1st.

DOn't shoot the messenger.

"Your file is ready for evaluation by the department. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing files after November 01, 2007. After your file has been evaluted, you will be contacted by phone or recieve a letter regarding your status."

So...no rolling?

same email for me.

for those who received any emails or contact by Western U, can you tell me how long after pharmcas mailed out your app and after supplemental was mailed out did Western contact you? I have not received anything at all from them and everything has been mailed out over two weeks ago with the supplemental mailed out close to a month ago. thanks

for those who received any emails or contact by Western U, can you tell me how long after pharmcas mailed out your app and after supplemental was mailed out did Western contact you? I have not received anything at all from them and everything has been mailed out over two weeks ago with the supplemental mailed out close to a month ago. thanks

after pharmcas, about 2 weeks they told me that they got my stuff :)

4 weeks to get my final email.

after pharmcas, about 2 weeks they told me that they got my stuff :)

4 weeks to get my final email.

4 weeks after u sent in ur complete application THEN they notify u??? wow thats a long time isnt it.

Hey Guys
So I just called western today because I have the similar situation as the person above. I didn't get to speak to the counselor but she sent me an email ONLY AFTER I CALLED TO ASK ABOUT MY STATUS. If I had never called to check my status, I would have never known that I am lacking some documents.
I WOULD HIGHLY REcommend you guys calling and checking whether ur app is complete. Im disappointed because if I had never called, my app wud have been thrown out because it would have been considered incomplete.
GD LUCK TO U ALL

Hey Guys
So I just called western today because I have the similar situation as the person above. I didn't get to speak to the counselor but she sent me an email ONLY AFTER I CALLED TO ASK ABOUT MY STATUS. If I had never called to check my status, I would have never known that I am lacking some documents.
I WOULD HIGHLY REcommend you guys calling and checking whether ur app is complete. Im disappointed because if I had never called, my app wud have been thrown out because it would have been considered incomplete.
GD LUCK TO U ALL

Oi wtf.... so i wonder if ur application is now pushed to the back of the pile again.....just out of curiosity..what did u forget to include?

Well Supposedly i didn't tell them when i was taking BIS 104, a class. Which is not true because on the pre-req form you had to state what is Planned or in progress.

Then, because I am an international student, I was supposed to have submitted TOEFL Scores. HOWEVER, ENGLISH is my 1st language so this is not correct either.

Im a bit annoyed but Im just gonna suck it up.

GdlUCK

So...no rolling?

I was told by one of the people who reviews the applications to APPLY EARLY. They do review the applications and give interview spots starting with who applied the earliest. If you apply late....they run out of interview spots. They just dont like to call it rolling. If you dont want to take my word for it....then dont. But I wouldn't be surprised if you didnt get in....especially because you may see me at the interview.

they don't start reviewing till after november, but when they do, they see who sent in the applications first

..i believe that's how their system works as opposed to other rolling admissions schools where they review the early ones as they come in

did anyone submit their supplemental application BEFORE their PharmCAS to Western U? If so, did those people get an email first confirming they received the supp then another email confirming pharmcas? I just got an email from them saying they got my pharmcas, but nothing about the supp that was sent a month ago. What the heck?

Western Union? I didn't know they had a pharmacy school. :rolleyes:

did anyone submit their supplemental application BEFORE their PharmCAS to Western U? If so, did those people get an email first confirming they received the supp then another email confirming pharmcas? I just got an email from them saying they got my pharmcas, but nothing about the supp that was sent a month ago. What the heck?

I got two seperate e-mails from them regarding application, one for PharmCAS and one for sppl. You better call them and check out.

when did you submit your pharmcas? I submited mine three weeks ago...is it too soon to ask them if they received.