Western/COMP Class of 2013!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow, it seems like comp doesn't exist given how quiet this is....

Members don't see this ad.

you'll find us all on the COMP 2013 facebook group. :)

haha, true true. i was just checking to see if there was something i was missing on here, but nope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Class of 2013,
Congratulations on getting into Western and planning to coming here. You will all love it here.

If any of you needs a place to stay in the summer, I'm renting out a room in a big house in Claremont. It's part of a residential community so very safe and quiet. You will have your own huge room and a bathroom to share with my roommate. However, he'll probably wont be around so the place is basically yours. The room is available from June 17-Aug 7, 2009 but exact date is flexible. It's furnished with bed and desk. Kitchen is huge and available for use as long as you keep it clean. Laundry machines are provided free of charge. Rent include gas, water, electricity, garbage, and internet. No cable hook up but antenna TV is available for use. 1 parking spot available. Great for students taking classes in the summer. Just 1 block from the Claremont Colleges (Pomona, Harvey Mudd, etc). 6 miles from Western University of Health Sciences. Location is very convenient. Vons, round table, baskin-robbins, and Mexican restaurant are just across the street. Claremont downtown is just few blocks away. Students and people that are neat and clean preferred. If you're interested, please contact me through facebook, email me at [email protected] or call at 650-307-7252. Click here for pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2145291&id=11704806
Thanks!!

Alex

Hey Guys,

I'm not posting this on the facebook page because facebook kind of skeeves me out. That and I'm afraid of being bombarded with housing info (i.e. "GREAT APARTMENT, CLOSE TO SHOPS & EASY COMMUTE! CALL (555) 555-5555) by any rando who reads my post. I'm just not down with that.

So anyway, here we go:

Like most of us, I'll be moving to Pomona from out of state and would like to make the process as stress-free as possible. So, for those of you who are familiar with local housing, can you give some recommendations? For example, do you know of any low rent/high quality apartmentment complexes near school? How about good landlords/realtors? Any places to absolutely steer clear of?

If you've already moved, where are you living and how do you like it? Feel free to comment on overall feel, good/bad neighborhoods, commute time, etc.
Any other pertinent info would be appreciated, too.

Spanks.

Hey Guys,

I'm not posting this on the facebook page because facebook kind of skeeves me out. That and I'm afraid of being bombarded with housing info (i.e. "GREAT APARTMENT, CLOSE TO SHOPS & EASY COMMUTE! CALL (555) 555-5555) by any rando who reads my post. I'm just not down with that.

So anyway, here we go:

Like most of us, I'll be moving to Pomona from out of state and would like to make the process as stress-free as possible. So, for those of you who are familiar with local housing, can you give some recommendations? For example, do you know of any low rent/high quality apartmentment complexes near school? How about good landlords/realtors? Any places to absolutely steer clear of?

If you've already moved, where are you living and how do you like it? Feel free to comment on overall feel, good/bad neighborhoods, commute time, etc.
Any other pertinent info would be appreciated, too.

Spanks.

Recommendations
#1: Don't live near the campus (sorry Natalie) it's kind of ghetto, chino hills is pretty nice and only a few minutes away. Fullerton/Brea is good living with a good night life (not that you'll have much time for this).
#2 Don't live near the campus....yep important enough to recommend twice.

See ya in class!

you'll find us all on the COMP 2013 facebook group. :)

The funny thing here is that the facebook page is dead too :p

Apparently we are all on vacation from communication, except for people like me who would rather cruz SDN all day, than do work....at work.

The funny thing here is that the facebook page is dead too :p

Apparently we are all on vacation from communication, except for people like me who would rather cruz SDN all day, than do work....at work.

You and me both.

So, thanks for the tip(s). I keep hearing good things about Claremont and La Verne (but mostly Claremont). I'm leaning towards those areas because I really like the idea of being so close to the mountains. Anybody know what Upland is like? Also, I've heard that San Dimas sucks.

While we're talking about these different areas, can anybody recommend some good gyms? I did a little googling and it looks like there's a ton of fitness clubs, but for some reason most of them don't have webpages (sketchy?). So yeah, I'm particularly interested in boxing gyms and/or facilities with quality free weights and plates. I care much less about whether or not there's spa services or saunas and whatnot.

Opinions?

can anybody recommend some good gyms?

I use 24 hour fitness, it's fairly nice although crowded in the evening.

<---yay 300 posts!

My husband is finishing up his first year and is wanting to rent out his room for ISAC. He did ISAC last summer and thought it really helped the transition to first semester to have a lot of the anatomy out of the way.

Anyway, it is a little less than half a mile to school - he walks often. A private large bedroom with attached private bathroom in the historic neighborhood close to the school. Very nice landlady(and neighbors), kitchen and laundry privileges. $630 /month prorated. He will be coming back home to Oregon for the summer vacation.

A nice place to land and look for more permanent housing. PM me for more info.

Hey guys!

I have seen alot of people doing ISAC on the facebook group, any people doing the SMSPP?

ahahaha, i agree. :laugh:

so you plan on doing ISAC?

I wish I could, but I have a good paying job and my wife and I need the money. ISAC would have been great. :(

Hello All:)

I am currently living in a very nice, sweet house in Upland, CA (10-15 mins from Western Univ main campus in Pomona). The rent is very affordable and a great deal and the house is in a very safe and beautiful area. 3 bedroom house and the other 2 girls are from DO 2010 class (4th yr DO students) and I am thinking of moving out and need a replacement for this upcoming academic year (starting in August). Please email me at:
[email protected] if you are interested. Females only please. Thank you!

First post from class......:thumbup:

first part of the school year :thumbup:

Anyone else enjoying the seat battle with the podiatry/ optometry/dental students?

Anyone else enjoying the seat battle with the podiatry/ optometry/dental students?

the seat battle is so lame. everyone just ends up camping out in amp ii for lunch or saving a bunch of seats.

on another note, where are people buying their otoscope/opthalmoscope for cheaper?

There's a few good deals online for like $200. Check out AllHeart.com

I am worried about the so-called class rank and GPA/percentage on the APP. May i know, being realistically, what are the average rank and gpa/percentage that can help me in IM residency?

thanks