Western Australia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poppj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with applying to the medical program at Western Australia, Perth? I am currently finishing a post-bac program and taking the mcat in August. I'm a US citizen, with an Australian boyfriend...and so..thinking about this school in Perth!! At this point, I am just curious about the school and would love to hear any thoughts.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I ve applied to UWA this year for the February semester. They ve asked me to write an ISAT test, testing analytical abd reasoning skills. The test was difficult but not impossible!....and a bit too long for 3 hrs. I did all question but I screwed up on timing, so I bubbled in only half the answers; got my results- which are apparently decent but obviously not top! I ve contacted the school, and they said they will take the students with the top scores only! So there...hope it helps :)

[wishing good luck! Do you know what the GPA / MCAT admission requirements are ? Did you also look into University of Notre Dame? ..ahh..and what is the ISAT exam?

cheers

Members don't see this ad :)
hi dasha55,

did they say what kind of ISAT results are considered top scores? like 100%tile???? how did you do on it? thanks!!!!

Keep in mind that WA is new at the int'l grad med game, so they'll most likely be taking the top students, within reason whatever they score. In other words, I doubt they even know what their final cutoff will be until they make the final decisions.

Another line of reasoning might suggest that they'd do what Cornell does with Qatar -- accept only students who approach normal qualifications for Cornell NYC (thus restricting intake numbers). However, Aussie schools only do this to a minor extent (WA could be different, but there's no reason to believe so -- the others all have a low exam score cutoff for interviews, then take the top candidates after all criteria are in).

Anyhow, I have no first-hand knowledge and am only making an educated guess based off of what I do know ;)

Cziffra said:
hi dasha55,

did they say what kind of ISAT results are considered top scores? like 100%tile???? how did you do on it? thanks!!!!

Hi there! I think I got smth like 155 out of 200, considering I ve bubbled in only 43 questions out of 100. Don't know how that works to 155/200, but the minimum is around 180.
Hope it helps :)

hi dasha,

oh, 180 is high....most probably translates to mid to high 90th percentile...

don't we need gamsat?