Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University - 2019 MSOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone,

I also have my interview this Friday (13th) at 8am. I am super nervous.
Good luck everyone.

Has anyone had their interview yet?
Awesome! Good luck to you too and hopefully we get to meet each other! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You guys, tomorrow is the day! Super nervous, good luck to all those going for interviews tomorrow. You’ll do great!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
whoever got accepted to the MSOT program, can you please let us know how the multiple mini interviews were? Thank you!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
By any chance, did they state why they are reopening the app cycle?
I'm not too sure, but probably just to give more people who recently graduated in May a chance to apply!

Members don't see this ad :)
whoever got accepted to the MSOT program, can you please let us know how the multiple mini interviews were? Thank you!!!!
They were not as nerve wracking as I had anticipated! You get to meet 5 OT faculty & each one will ask you 1 question as a means to get to know & why you want to be a part of the program/ why you want to do OT. Don’t stress yourself out. Be open, honest, make sure you know your reasons for why you want to do OT & why WCU’s program would be a better fit for you, don’t forget to ask a question (or 2) if someone asks if you have any questions. Most importantly, don’t forget to smile & show off your personality! You will all do great

They were not as nerve wracking as I had anticipated! You get to meet 5 OT faculty & each one will ask you 1 question as a means to get to know & why you want to be a part of the program/ why you want to do OT. Don’t stress yourself out. Be open, honest, make sure you know your reasons for why you want to do OT & why WCU’s program would be a better fit for you, don’t forget to ask a question (or 2) if someone asks if you have any questions. Most importantly, don’t forget to smile & show off your personality! You will all do great
*sidenote: I have not been accepted into the program...I’ve just gone through the interview process lol*

Hey what to wear to this?
You can wear a neutral colored dress (knee length), a neutral colored blouse & a skirt (knee length) or you can do a nice pant suit. A color that I keep hearing is great for interviews is Navy blue! Hope this helps a little!

Has anyone, that interviewed on July 13th, heard back yet? Idk why I’m getting a feeling that we’ll probably hear back tomorrow(Friday)

Has anyone, that interviewed on July 13th, heard back yet? Idk why I’m getting a feeling that we’ll probably hear back tomorrow(Friday)

Just received an email from Mary, see below:

Hello!

I’m sure you are anxious about receiving your next notice from us, so I wanted to check-in with you and provide you with a date.

The notices will begin to go out starring mid-August until the end of August, via email.

So make sure to check your email at that time.

Hope all is well!

Thank you,

Hey what to wear to this?
Just received an email from Mary, see below:

Hello!

I’m sure you are anxious about receiving your next notice from us, so I wanted to check-in with you and provide you with a date.

The notices will begin to go out starring mid-August until the end of August, via email.

So make sure to check your email at that time.

Hope all is well!

Thank you,
Thank you! I realized she emailed me 3 mins after I asked that . Looks like we’re going to be patiently waiting until the end of August lol

Hi all!

Im looking to apply for the spring semester but do you guys think its worth it? since it seems that they are already sending out decisions?

Hi all!

Im looking to apply for the spring semester but do you guys think its worth it? since it seems that they are already sending out decisions?
Someone said that they extended the deadline until 9/15. If that’s the case, then I would def apply!

You can wear a neutral colored dress (knee length), a neutral colored blouse & a skirt (knee length) or you can do a nice pant suit. A color that I keep hearing is great for interviews is Navy blue! Hope this helps a little!
Thanks!! Hope we get in the same cohort!!!

Has anyone received a notice for the Spring 2019 cohort? Good luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting!

Anyone who has had the interview for MSOT hear back yet? Just trying to see what the timeline is like for hearing back after the interview.

Has anyone received a notice for the Spring 2019 cohort? Good luck to all of you who are still patiently waiting!
Anyone who has had the interview for MSOT hear back yet? Just trying to see what the timeline is like for hearing back after the interview.

Hi,

(sorry for the late reply @OTHopeful005)
I heard back on August 16th (interview was on July 13). I’ve been placed on the waitlist and won’t know my actual ranking until mid-September. You’d usually hear back within a month or month & a half from your interview. Positive energy to those who are still waiting with me!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi,

(sorry for the late reply @OTHopeful005)
I heard back on August 16th (interview was on July 13). I’ve been placed on the waitlist and won’t know my actual ranking until mid-September. You’d usually hear back within a month or month & a half from your interview. Positive energy to those who are still waiting with me!

I am on the same boat as you! Best of luck!

Hello everyone I got my acceptance letter today. I will be accepting my seat :) Good luck you guys, you can do this !!!

Hello everyone I got my acceptance letter today. I will be accepting my seat :) Good luck you guys, you can do this !!!

Congratulations!!!! I accepted my seat too! Do you know if anyone has started a Facebook group for our cohort yet?

For those of you who were accepted and also accepted their seat, is there a Facebook group for our cohort yet?

Also, congratulations to everyone who’s accepted so far and best of luck to those still waitlisted!!

For those of you who were accepted and also accepted their seat, is there a Facebook group for our cohort yet?

Also, congratulations to everyone who’s accepted so far and best of luck to those still waitlisted!!
Congratulations to you too!!! And I’m not sure, I haven’t seen anything yet. Let me know if you know anything about it! :)

Congrats! you were accepted off of the waitlist?

Congrats! you were accepted off of the waitlist?
Thank you! I’m actually not too sure... because I never received my actual ranking number on the wait list. I received an email back in August that stated I was chosen to be on the waitlist, but wasn’t going to know my actual ranking until mid-September. Now that it’s mid-September, rather than getting an email regarding my ranking, I got an acceptance email instead. My only guess is the list probably started to move from the time we got waitlisted emails up until this point. I hope that made sense.

Hi everyone, if you were accepted into the MSOT program, please PM me so I can send you the link to our facebook group :)

And for those still waiting, PLEASE don’t give up! Sending you all positive vibes :)

Hey everyone! Hope everyone’s well. Just found out i’ve been accepted for the new summer cohort! who else?!

Reactions: 3 users
Yay! Congrats guys! . & looks i’m actually going to have to get a facebook now lol

Can anyone tell me about what the campus/area is like for this school? I’m interviewing there in April. Is there anything about this program in particular that stood out to you?

I won’t have a chance to visit before my interview because it’s a $600 flight. So any insight y’all have is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did too!

Can you tell me about what the campus/area is like for this school? I’m interviewing there in April. Is there anything about this program in particular that stood out to you?

I won’t have a chance to visit before my interview because it’s a $600 flight. So any insight you have is greatly appreciated!

Can you tell me about what the campus/area is like for this school? I’m interviewing there in April. Is there anything about this program in particular that stood out to you?

I won’t have a chance to visit before my interview because it’s a $600 flight. So any insight you have is greatly appreciated!

The campus is all in one building. Within that building, there are multiple West Coast programs such as DPT, MSOT/OTD, Pharmacy and I believe that's it. The school is located in Los Angeles. In an area that I would describe as "okay". It's not a super dangerous area, but it is not the safest as well. If you want to "see" what the area looks like you can use google maps street view to see what the area looks like.

As for the program, I would check out their instagram (wcu.ot) to kind of get a feel of how the program is like from the students. I hope this helps you. It really helps to connect with someone that goes there (I don't go there, but have been to the campus and know a few people that went there). By checking out their instagram, you can find students who go there that can possibly help with your questions! :)