WCUCOM vs UNE COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

learnerforlife!

WCUCOM ‘26
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was accepted to UNE COM and WCUCOM the same day. :) Do you guys have any pros and cons for each med school? Btw, I am interested in surgery and internal medicine and hope to get a residency in a more city-type area.

Members don't see this ad.

UNE COM has been a strong program. What are your personal pros and cons? Is either cheaper than the other? Are you closer to family and friends at one school? Does that matter a lot to you? UNE isn’t in a big city but I believe they match a lot to the Northeast in general, so you can be in NYC or Boston for residency.

Reactions: 1 user
UNE COM has been a strong program. What are your personal pros and cons? Is either cheaper than the other? Are you closer to family and friends at one school? Does that matter a lot to you? UNE isn’t in a big city but I believe they match a lot to the Northeast in general, so you can be in NYC or Boston for residency.
I don't mind about location or cost! Both would be far, and I did apply broadly! :) I do like NYC and Boston since they are more city-type.

Would you say their research is stronger than WCUCOM?

I don't mind about location or cost! Both would be far, and I did apply broadly! :) I do like NYC and Boston since they are more city-type.

Would you say their research is stronger than WCUCOM?
UNE has been around longer to establish some opportunities and they have a nice neuroscience research center. And students can try to find research at Maine Medical Center too if they want to explore other areas. WCU doesn’t have much, but supposedly they were trying to improve their research.

Reactions: 1 user