Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any of current students give advice about housing? I'm assuming all of our classes will be at Wegner, right? I would like live as close to Wegner as possible.

Will I need a car? I'm coming from California, so I'm hoping to avoid bringing a car for the first year, at least.

Can any of current students give advice about housing? I'm assuming all of our classes will be at Wegner, right? I would like live as close to Wegner as possible.

Will I need a car? I'm coming from California, so I'm hoping to avoid bringing a car for the first year, at least.

Hello! I went to WSU for my undergrad and I am starting Pharmacy school in the fall here. The public transportation is okay (I lived off campus for my undergrad and will too for pharmacy school) and I took the bus or walked almost every day. You can buy a parking pass too if you want to drive, Green parking is close to Wagner but they are EXPENSIVE, but worth it in the winter...which is most of the year, lol. I had a red parking pass and it’s about a 10 min walk or less to Wagner. There are dorms close to Wagner most are about a 5-10min walk. If you want to live off campus there is some houses nearby to rent and apartment complexes a little further away but its Pullman nothing is too far lol. See ya in August!

Hello everyone, my name is Robert (aka "Farmer") and I wanted to congratulate you all to WSU!

A facebook group has been created for the incoming class, the group can be found here this will be a great place to discuss things such as housing, what to do etc..it has current PY1s and PY2s on it as well (so you can pick our brains).

Let me know if there is anything I can help with!

Hello everyone, my name is Robert (aka "Farmer") and I wanted to congratulate you all to WSU!

A facebook group has been created for the incoming class, the group can be found here this will be a great place to discuss things such as housing, what to do etc..it has current PY1s and PY2s on it as well (so you can pick our brains).

Thanks! :) I requested to join.

please add me too :)

I repeated a couple classes for better grades, so when I'm listing them on the supplemental, do I list the second grade or both grades? Thank you!

Hi,

I am currently a Junior doing my undergrad at UW. I have a few pre-reqs left and going to take the PCAT this July and apply. I am very interested in going to Pharmacy School at WSU. It is my number one choice. If any current pharmacy students can give me advice on improving my chances please?

Ok I have an interview at WSU on Jan 11th (Spokane) . I'm super stressed my gpa and pcat scores are nothing to be proud of oh god
Is doing really good on the interview pretty much guarantees my acceptance? will they hold my gpa and pcat against me?
Or is interview just a way to ensure I'm a determined and well rounded person?

Ok I have an interview at WSU on Jan 11th (Spokane) . I'm super stressed my gpa and pcat scores are nothing to be proud of oh god
Is doing really good on the interview pretty much guarantees my acceptance? will they hold my gpa and pcat against me?

What are your stats?

What are your stats?
According to PharmCAS I have a gpa of 2.71 however my school transcript shows a 2.87.
I'm a senior chemistry major so my gpa includes other upper class chemistry courses and not only pre-pharmacy courses. It also includes engineering physics which I got a D in before I chenged my major to chemistry.

PCAT
Verbal 63
biology 29
Reading 29
Quantitative 58
Chemistry 95
Comp 64

I volunteered in a hospital for +100 hours
I shadowed a pharmacist for 3 months.
I have 4 recommendation letters (1 from a pharmacist manager, 2 from professors, 1 from my volunteer manager).

Last edited:
According to PharmCAS I have a gpa of 2.71 however my school transcript shows a 2.87.
I'm a senior chemistry major so my gpa includes other upper class chemistry courses and not only pre-pharmacy courses. It also includes engineering physics which I got a D in before I chenged my major to chemistry.

PCAT
Verbal 63
biology 29
Reading 29
Quantitative 58
Chemistry 95
Comp 64

I volunteered in a hospital for +100 hours
I shadowed a pharmacist for 3 months.
I have 4 recommendation letters (1 from a pharmacist manager, 2 from professors, 1 from my volunteer manager).

Wow that's really close to their GPA cut-off! I got an interview invite and my numbers are just a little higher: 3.04 gpa and 98 comp. I wouldn't stress too much about having low numbers. They invited you for a reason and you want to show them the positives that you can contribute.

Good luck on your interview!
I have one question for you. When did you submit your PharmCAS and supplemental applications? I submitted my supplemental in late November but haven't heard anything yet :(

Good luck on your interview!
I have one question for you. When did you submit your PharmCAS and supplemental applications? I submitted my supplemental in late November but haven't heard anything yet :(
I sent my supplemental late October.