Washington Hospital Center

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Washington Hospital Center? It is in DC.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I shadowed a guy that recently graduated from that residency. He works for an ortho group. His name is Ryan Fitzgerald... he's way cool and I'm sure would tell you pros and cons of his experience there. You should contact him

Members don't see this ad :)
Wonderful post,
Thanks for sharing this informative post.

Anyone else have additional info on this program?

Anyone else have additional info on this program?

Strong program. They see a fair mix of trauma, limb threatening infections, and in-house patients. A friend/colleague of mine graduated from that program recently and he spoke very highly of his training.

Strong program. They see a fair mix of trauma, limb threatening infections, and in-house patients. A friend/colleague of mine graduated from that program recently and he spoke very highly of his training.

Yes, it was a strong program a few years ago. They just changed director, wonder why?

I rotated through there and the residents have SO much free time. All they do is round all day. Numbers aren't great. Hours are long, but they have a lot of down time. They scramble for 3 spots in the past 2 years.

If you want solid training around that area, go to Inova.

Washington hospital center would be at the bottom of my list, if I had to rank it.

Do the residents still have so much time under the new director?

Thanks to both for responses.

Yes, it was a strong program a few years ago. They just changed director, wonder why?

I rotated through there and the residents have SO much free time. All they do is round all day. Numbers aren't great. Hours are long, but they have a lot of down time. They scramble for 3 spots in the past 2 years.

If you want solid training around that area, go to Inova.

Washington hospital center would be at the bottom of my list, if I had to rank it.

Last edited:
Do the residents still have so much time under the new director?

Thanks to both for responses.

Not really sure to be honest.

I would avoid this program if you can, unless this is the only pms 36 program on your list.

I would avoid this program if you can...

The Wookie says:

Just because this is not the training facility for you, Young Jedi, does not mean other Padawans will not excel there.

It's my understanding that the program went through a rough stretch and the current batch of first year residents actually didn't know who the new director was going to be before they matched/scrambled.

Turns out to be none other than John Steinberg. I imagine they probably won't scramble as many spots in the future, students interested in wound care would likely be very interested.

Ive heard the new director was good. He runs the Georgetown Limb Salvage Fellowship.

Just because the director is good, doesnt mean the program is good.

The previous director was good as well....

I know there are programs that arent good fit with some people, but there are also programs that everyone tries to avoid because they are horrible...if you get my drift.

...but there are also programs that everyone tries to avoid because they are horrible...if you get my drift.

The Wookie says:
My apologies. I am not so strong in the Force. Please elaborate.