Want to add 1 more class to my sched...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmapcpro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Something I definetely am knowledgeable about, finally! :)

Taking Bio and Chem at the same time isn't diffucult, but can be time consuming as you can imagine. I would recommend against taking english and spanish together with Bio and Chem, as this would be 4 classes that can be extremely time consuming. If you're already pretty proficient in Spanish, you might be good, but for me taking those 4 would leave me pretty overloaded.

Usually what I do is take 3 time consuming classes, and either 1 or 2 easier classes that I'd either enjoy, or fullfilled some requirement and were easy. Of course there will be times when you have to take 4 time consuming classes, but I try to keep it to a minimum. I'm sure you know this from your past engineering experiences.

At my college, psychology is pretty easy, just do some reading and go to class, guarenteed A, so I'd use that as a buffer where ever you need an easy class.

I'm not sure about how you feel about stastics, but having an engineering background, I'm sure you'd be fine.

I say psych and stats, and pick either english or spanish.

Hope this helps!

PS Don't sweat the freshmen classes, we all have to start somewhere on the path to our dreams. I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for someone in your position who is going for it, instead of settling for something less than you want!

I hear ya on the schools screwing you up. I'm seeking a degree at U of Maryland, and when I wanted to take some classes at a local CC, they gave me crap saying I needed my HS transcript. I was like, how about my college transcript? They said they needed to see my SAT score and HS transcipt, or an official college transcript (which is realy pain the arse to get).

It was easier to go to my HS than U of MD (5 minutes compared to 1hr 30min), and felt silly going in there to get my transcript. Turns out they didn't have it anymore.

I ended up going back to the CC and talked to someone else who said an unofficial transcript would be fine.....but what a pain.

Sometimes I think the people who run the colleges go out of their way to screw us up!