WAMC Third time reapplicant/school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fairylights

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all advice is welcome. Here is my info:

1. cGPA 3.74, sGPA 3.56, upward curve.
  2. MCAT scores in order: 502 (C/P 123, CARS 128, B/B123, PSY 128), 500 (123, 128, 122, 127), 505 latest (124, 129, 124, 128)
  3. I'm an OK resident and did undergrad here as well.
  4. ORM
  5. I have pretty standard experiences but I do check all the boxes (research 500ish hours, clinical experience 400ish hours, scribing 600ish hours, shadowing (2 cardiologists, 1 ortho surgeon) 120 hours, clinical and nonclinical volunteering 300ish hours). No publication.
  6. I did take a gap year and continued research/volunteering without a postbacc and am late to the cycle. No other significant extracurricular activities, just continued volunteering and working.
My current school list is:

MD:
OU
TCU
Tulane
Kansas
Wakeforest
Thinking of adding: New mexico, arkansas, loyola, loma linda, temple, drexel, georgetown

DO:
OSU
ARCOM
Kansas
Thinking of: Philadelphia, michigan state, Touro (which one?), AT Still Arizona, Rocky vista

Please let me know which schools I should take off my list and which ones I should add and would have a good chance of getting in. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you received interviews before and did you apply to DO before? Are you Native American? What do you mean by above average hours? It would help if you are able to share what the exact numbers are and a description of the activities they were in.

As for your list, the only MD worth applying to is OU. The others take very few OOS students and your MCAT will hold you back.

You need more DO schools on your list. I suggest:

OSU
KCU
ACOM
AT Still Kirksville (doesn't have the odd curriculum that the Arizona campus has)
NYIT AR campus
Touro NV
PCOM (GA and SGA campuses)
VCOM (all campuses except Monroe)
LECOM
KYCOM
Marian
DMU
WCU
West Virginia

Fill in this grid . As a third time reapplicant we really can’t help you without more in depth information.

It would also help if you shared if you had any interviews in your previous cycles and if you were out right rejected or placed on a waitlist. From the list you provided, have you applied to any of these schools before? Was your 505 MCAT the most recent score? So many questions. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Fill in this grid . As a third time reapplicant we really can’t help you without more in depth information.

It would also help if you shared if you had any interviews in your previous cycles and if you were out right rejected or placed on a waitlist. From the list you provided, have you applied to any of these schools before? Was your 505 MCAT the most recent score? So many questions. Sorry.
Yes, 505 is the most recent from last month. I took it 2020, 2021, and then this year. And yes, applied in state- rejected first time, waitlisted in 2021. I haven't applied to any of the others as my heart was very much set on in state.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, 505 is the most recent from last month. I took it 2020, 2021, and then this year. And yes, applied in state- rejected first time, waitlisted in 2021. I haven't applied to any of the others as my heart was very much set on in state.
Thanks. So you had an interview in 2021 and ended up on the waitlist after the interview?
Just a FYI regarding MCAT scores. Some schools average multiple scores. AMCAS rec this actually. So for those schools that average you are working with a 502ish. So keep that in mind.

Thanks. So you had an interview in 2021 and ended up on the waitlist after the interview?
Just a FYI regarding MCAT scores. Some schools average multiple scores. AMCAS rec this actually. So for those schools that average you are working with a 502ish. So keep that in mind.
Yes, interview 2021 and waitlisted but I didn't make the cut to matriculate. I know OU takes the latest score, but I will check on the other schools! Do you know if DO schools also average or is that subjective too?

Yes, interview 2021 and waitlisted but I didn't make the cut to matriculate. I know OU takes the latest score, but I will check on the other schools! Do you know if DO schools also average or is that subjective too?
I don’t know a lot about DO admissions. I’ll tag @Goro and @Faha. Maybe they know how multiple MCAT scores are viewed. Good luck.