MD & DO WAMC (school list)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zephyrus2024

Reaction score
----------Please do not quote-------------------
School list
Tufts
Temple
Hackensack Meridian
SUNY
Case Western
Drexel
Jefferson
VCU
G Town
Boston University
Tulane
Rush
Ros Franklin
Creighton
Einstein
Pittsburgh
Penn State
Albany
NYMC
Hofstra
Loyola
Rochester

DO
PCOM
NYIT
Touro NYC
LUCOM
VCOM Virginia
NSU
Rowan DO

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Rochester
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Hackensack
Pittsburgh
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
Wake Forest
NOVA MD
Belmont
Tulane
Creighton
TCU
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Roseman (when it opens)
You have a good DO list

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You took the MCAT 3 times?
Are your post bac grades averaged in with your AMCAS and AACOMAS?
Why do you have your work at the soup kitchen listed under clinical volunteering?
#9 NONCLINICAL VOLUNTEERING-teaching middle school students and helping to make study plans and homework. Were you paid?

You took the MCAT 3 times?
Are your post bac grades averaged in with your AMCAS and AACOMAS?
Why do you have your work at the soup kitchen listed under clinical volunteering?
#9 NONCLINICAL VOLUNTEERING-teaching middle school students and helping to make study plans and homework. Were you paid?
Yes
Yes they are averaged

That is probably mistake on my part.

No, why do you ask?

Get your hours and descriptions in order. You pulled your details before I could read and comment so here's what I can say:

Schools tend to average your MCAT for screening purposes. Afterwards, they likely will take the score they want according to policy (if we trust the MSAR). Some schools will start to shun applicants who took the MCAT more than three times within a short time span, and you have 7 lifetime attempts at the MCAT.

If your postbac grades do not follow a strong academic trend, that's going to be an issue.

If you don't have sufficient service orientation activities, you won't have much support for service-oriented schools or a narrative where you claim to be empathetic with others.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes
Yes they are averaged

That is probably mistake on my part.

No, why do you ask?
I ask because of how you worded it or there was something that “said” maybe you were paid. Like saying “teaching middle school students” gave the impression you were the teacher not a volunteer. Anyway teaching, tutoring etc are listed under a sep. category I think.
Some(many) schools will average your MCAT scores.

Reactions: 1 user
@candbgirl @Mr.Smile12
Thank you, if you are still willing... Would it be okay if I DM my stats and extracurricular instead? I did take down the details after 24 hours as I did not want to leave it up for too long.

3 MCAT scores are spread out approx. 1~2 years within the last 5 years. I did hear that some schools average but I was unable to find a specific list of school or how to obtain this information even on MSAR. I think it's out of my control unless I know which schools do this.

@candbgirl @Mr.Smile12
Thank you, if you are still willing... Would it be okay if I DM my stats and extracurricular instead? I did take down the details after 24 hours as I did not want to leave it up for too long.

3 MCAT scores are spread out approx. 1~2 years within the last 5 years. I did hear that some schools average but I was unable to find a specific list of school or how to obtain this information even on MSAR. I think it's out of my control unless I know which schools do this.
I say that MCAT scores are averaged for screening purposes, but you must ask the schools themselves. I think after screening, schools can opt to look at latest scores or best scores for holistic review consideration; this is mentioned in the MSAR. There are impacts with taking the highest versus the most recent scores (if they are not the same), but I can't represent every admissions team on handling this.

I prefer to review applications by appointment for those enrolled in Becoming a Student Doctor. Looking at your AMCAS draft (where you should be now in the process) is my preferred standard.