[WAMC/ School List]- FL, 4.0 GPA, 512? MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r3bbi3

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning on applying this cycle and would like some feedback on the strength of my application/ which schools I should apply to.
  1. cGPA and sGPA: Both 4.0
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: I am taking the MCAT on May 14th. I have been scoring between 512-515 on AAMC FLs
  3. State of residence: Florida
  4. Caucasian female
  5. Undergraduate institution: Private, regional school in FL
  6. Clinical experience: Health Coach (140 Hours), orderly assistant in operating room (100 hours)
  7. Research experience: 440 hours-summer neuroscience REU, 400 hours-one year research assistant at my undergrad institution. 4th author on publication currently undergoing review. I will also be completing my senior research project in the fall.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: Orthopedics- 30 hours, Urology- 6 hours, ~20 hours virtual shadowing in various specialties
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: Started a science initiative for students at the local Boys & Girls Clubs that involves creating fun worksheets for students to learn about the organ systems and careers in science (70 hours), volunteer with an organization that collects used eyewear that is refurbished and donated to the homeless and uninsured- also started and managed a collection for the organization on my campus and have hosted eyewear sorting events on campus (250 hours)
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): job as a TA for intro biology and organic chemistry, club tennis traveling team, Honor Council (promoting academic integrity), Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-health honor society- was education chair sophomore year and current Vice President, member of ODK National leadership honor society, member of Tri beta biological honor society
  11. Relevant honors or awards: A few university scholarships, research presentation award from my REU
  12. LORs: My school does a committee letter- Contributing to it are science professor, non-science professor, two research mentors, mentor for Health Coach internship
  13. Anything else not listed you think might be important: Something to note that I don't know how it will affect my application- I transferred from a top 25 university to my current undergraduate school after my first semester of college. Did fine academically but was extremely unhappy.
The list of schools im thinking about are below. I would really like to stay within the southeast. I will also be applying to LECOM and Nova DO.

1. Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University
2. Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
3. Florida State University College of Medicine
4. Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
5. University of Central Florida College of Medicine
6. University of Florida College of Medicine
7. University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
8. USF Health Morsani College of Medicine
9. Duke University School of Medicine
10. Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
11. West Virginia University School of Medicine
12. University of Virginia School of Medicine
13. Eastern Virginia Medical School
14. New York University Grossman School of Medicine
15. Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine
16. University of South Carolina School of Medicine
17. Emory University School of Medicine

Appreciate any help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Come back after the real exam and post score. There is too much variability between practice scores and real scores in my experience

Even if you score a 515, the following schools should be removed and placed with schools in your stats range.

Duke
UVA
Emory
NYU

South Carolina isn’t OOS friendly and it’s line 100k for non residents

Reactions: 1 user