WAMC/School List - 4.0/527/NJ ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RegularPerson1602

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am preparing to apply either this cycle or the next and would really appreciate any advice on schools I should be applying to as well as where I can potentially improve. I have really loved all my experiences so far and will be continuing to pursue new ones as well.

1. cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS: cGPA: 4.0 sGPA: 4.0
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 527 (132/131/132/132)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): NJ
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: Public flagship
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): ~225 h hospice volunteering (companionship, calls), ~225 h free clinic volunteering (vitals, intakes)
  7. Research experience and productivity: ~1900h basic neuroscience lab, 1 mid-author pub (medium IF), several school level presentations, ~320 h computational genetics lab, 1 mid-author pub under review
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 25 h nephrology, 20 h primary care
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 200 h crisis counseling, 120 h mentoring students in disadvantaged high schools
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): club president ~250 h, teaching an undergrad course ~400 h,
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Full scholarship, departmental awards
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: None
Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a very strong app, maybe up the shadowing a bit. You should be competitive for all the T20s

How were you a crisis counselor? In person or online/text? Who oversees you or trains you? That's the biggest concern I have.

What is your mission fit or calling to medicine? What diseases do you want to work with 10 years from now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to top 25 schools and your in-state.

We've got a rock star over here! @EdgeTrimmer is rather understated, but that 4.0 and near-perfect MCAT plus decent ECs make you a solid candidate at any school in the country. Start your list with Harvard.

I suggest:

All NJ schools
Boston
Hofstra
Sinai
Einstein
Rochester
NYU
Cornell
Columbia
Penn
WUSTL
Vanderbilt
Stanford
Harvard
Yale
Michigan
Johns Hopkins
UVA
Mayo
Iowa
Miami
Duke
Saint Louis
Jefferson
Keck
UCLA

You could look into UTSW and Baylor on TMDSAS as well.

We've got a rock star over here! @EdgeTrimmer is rather understated, but that 4.0 and near-perfect MCAT plus decent ECs make you a solid candidate at any school in the country. Start your list with Harvard.
My kid has similar stats and good results but there were few surprises though.

Reactions: 1 user