WAMC/School List (4.0, 513) TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petercomponent

Reaction score
  1. GPA: 4.0
  2. 513 (127/127/130/129)
  3. USA
  4. White
  5. Large T30 State School
  6. Clinical experience
    1. 450 hours as a medical assistant (collecting vitals, chart prep, coordinating patient labs, etc.) in addition to producing nearly 500 liver elastography scans (sorta like ultrasound scans).
    2. 290 hours as a ED scribe in a rural level II hospital
  7. Research experience and productivity
    1. No outstanding research experience except for a freshman-year research project and healthcare business projects/presentations relating to my minor (this is a possible summer gig for me after my application has submitted)
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    1. 24 hours Orthopedic shadowing in-clinic
    2. 7 hours orthopedic surgery (knee and hip arthoplasty/arthroscopy)
    3. 15 hours at a Urban university medical center shadowing internal medicine resident rounds and presentations. Also some ED.
    4. 4 hours urology in clinic as well as procedural (vasectomy, shockwave lithotripsy)
  9. Non-clinical volunteering
    1. 25 hours working a volunteer afterschool program for under-resourced elementary schools focusing on inspiring higher level education and occupation goals (actively doing this) and worked in leadership at this position helping with outreach
    2. 10 hours working as a volunteer for a group of residents looking to start a Telehealth service specialized for weight loss. Did strategy research (products) and outreach compelling client lists.
    3. (prospective) aiming to work at local food banks to increase hours before application finalized
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    1. Scholarship/academic chair at my fraternity
    2. did leadership training at a conference out of state for my fraternity
    3. intramural basketball champion
  11. Relevant honors or awards
    1. deans list, other associated natural science awards for my GPA
looking for school recommendations based on these stats and extracurriculars. Mainly hoping for MD schools

*looking to improve research and volunteering experience in the meantime before my application processes*

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your rural ED/hospital? Are you still working there?

Build more non-clinical volunteering, and we look forward to your food bank hours. Goal is 150 hours before submission to avoid getting screened out at most schools. If your other activities in schools and rural communities is in Texas, that could help your cause in TMDSAS. Please look over the TMDSAS video interviews of the admissions teams at the Texas schools and attend any office hours that you'd like.

Apply to all your Texas TMDSAS MS and DO schools and you should receive interviews. Accumulate 150 hours at the food bank before you submit your application. For AMCAS schools you could try TCU, Tulane, Belmont, Roseman (when it opens), Alice Walton (when it opens).