WAMC / School List (3.95 GPA/521/ORM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the_engineerdoctor

Reaction score
privacy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Based on what you submitted, you have checked off the boxes that I don't see anything that puts you at risk of getting screened out. What I'm missing is what your mission fit is with the schools on your list aside from the clear association with engineering.

The engineering research teams while in school: if they are projects that are curricular (meaning you got course credit), you probably can't list them as Work/Activities individually, though I suspect you can group them into one activity even though it spans 4 years. I'll defer to others who have been more focused on that here. What I'm not sure about is what your endgame is. Do you want to be in medical affairs and develop medical devices (so more innovation resources)? If so, how do the schools on your list prepare medical students in that way?

Reactions: 1 user
Remove EVMS since they will "yield protect" with your stats. Include your 3 New Jersey state public schools. You could add these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Cincinnati
USF Morsani
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)

Members don't see this ad :)
Remove EVMS since they will "yield protect" with your stats. Include your 3 New Jersey state public schools. You could add these schools:
Hofstra
Einstein
Cincinnati
USF Morsani
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
Hi @Faha thanks for the reply. I added EVMS because my sister goes to school there. Should I still remove considering I have a relative at the school? Also wanted your opinion on if my list is too top heavy and if I have a shot at some of top schools on the list (HMS/JHU/Columbia/Yale etc)

Have you been nationally recognized for your medical device start-up? Have you made significant revenue or has it been acquired by a larger organization? Have any of the devices you've innovated been used in operating room settings? For educational programming? So many people are founders of projects, yet without actual national or state-wide results, it won't mean much.

Hi @Faha thanks for the reply. I added EVMS because my sister goes to school there. Should I still remove considering I have a relative at the school? Also wanted your opinion on if my list is too top heavy and if I have a shot at some of top schools on the list (HMS/JHU/Columbia/Yale etc)
Keep EVMS. I added those schools so your list would be less top heavy.

Have you been nationally recognized for your medical device start-up? Have you made significant revenue or has it been acquired by a larger organization? Have any of the devices you've innovated been used in operating room settings? For educational programming? So many people are founders of projects, yet without actual national or state-wide results, it won't mean much.
------

Last edited:
Hofstra
Einstein
Cincinnati
USF Morsani
OP, in addition to these and your own list, consider:

U VA
SUNY.SB
Hofstra
Vandy
UCSF
OH State
Baylor
Keck
U Rochester
USF/Morsani
BU