WAMC? + re-applicant school list(3.6 undergrad/3.8 masters/505) help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medred132

Reaction score
1. Undergraduate cGPA and sGPA: 3.59, 3.41 (Private well-known research university)
2. Graduate cGPA and sGPA: 3.78, 3.79 (Big SUNY state school; Masters in Physiology/biophysics)
3. Took MCAT 4x, most recent breakdown: 505; 126, 123, 126, 131
4. State of residence: NY
5. Ethnicity: South Asian
6. Clinical experience: 2 years of full-time clinical research, 100 hours clinical volunteering
7. Volunteering: 100 hours clinical, 150 hours non-clinical
7. Research: 8 publications (2 first-author), 2 oral conference presentations, 1 poster conference presentation
8. Shadowing: 500+ hours
9. Other extracurricular experiences: professional singer, tutoring/mentoring, student govt
10. Honors/Awards: Selected for state-wide leadership conference
11. Other: Very strong recs (research mentors/faculty/advisors). Mostly worried about MCAT retakes and being a re-applicant (long turnaround for secondaries; waitlisted at Penn State). I am applying to a mix of MD and DO, and would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Current list:
University of Washington
University of Rochester
Stony Brook
George Washington
Rush
University of Vermont
University of Buffalo
Drexel
SUNY Upstate
Eastern Virginia
NYMC
MW CCOM
University of Toledo
Florida International
Albany Medical
Loyola
Medical College of Wisconsin
Michigan State (MD)
NEOMED
Oakland University
Penn State
Tulane University
SUNY Downstate
Emory
Michigan State University
UNECOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
NOVA
MSU (DO)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have several state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your MCAT of 505 and no connection to the state. Your best chances are at DO schools and I suggest these:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
PCOM
LECOM
UNECOM
MU-COM
DMU-COM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
ACOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
WVSOM
For MD schools I suggest these:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
NOVA MD
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’d skip Rush . Your service hours are very low. Rush expects and gets, hundreds, if not thousands of hours from their applicants. I think that might be the case at Loyola too. Many schools will average your 4 MCAT scores. How have you significantly improved your application over the last time you applied? ADCOMS will want to see improvement. Stop shadowing. 500 hours is 10x what you need.

Reactions: 1 user
I’d skip Rush . Your service hours are very low. Rush expects and gets, hundreds, if not thousands of hours from their applicants. I think that might be the case at Loyola too. Many schools will average your 4 MCAT scores. How have you significantly improved your application over the last time you applied? ADCOMS will want to see improvement. Stop shadowing. 500 hours is 10x what you need.
Okay, good to know. Thank you!