WAMC - ORM/495/cGPA 3.6 - will be applying DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dfjdlfjkdjfkdf

Reaction score
PCT - little over a yr
clinical research coordinator - current - about to be a yr
volunteer in primary care/hiv clinic - 3 yrs
undergrad research and clinical research - with awards
scholarship 3x recipient
undergrad club president

I know my score is low so please be nice - I have studied over a year and still not high enough. don't know if I can do it any more bc the mcat has drained me like no other. I have used every resource (uglobe, Kaplan books, aamc materials, Anki) and studied like every person would have recommended.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPAs are fine for DO but your MCAT scores are really low! I really have no idea if they might be acceptable at DO schools! I’ll tag @Faha and @Goro for help!

Reactions: 1 user
Alabama, I was planning to apply this year - have been writing secondaries, around 3.3-3.4
You could receive interviews at certain DO schools with a MCAT of 495 and your cGPA of 3.6 . You should apply in the next week and submit all your secondaries by early October. Apply broadly and include all these schools:
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LUCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill)
LUCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new schools)
RVU has a new school opening in Montana .Touro may also have one opening in Montana and there may be a new school opening in Orlando so apply to those also.
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.

You could receive interviews at certain DO schools with a MCAT of 495 and your cGPA of 3.6 . You should apply in the next week and submit all your secondaries by early October. Apply broadly and include all these schools:
ACOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LUCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill)
LUCOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new schools)
RVU has a new school opening in Montana .Touro may also have one opening in Montana and there may be a new school opening in Orlando so apply to those also.
Many of these schools have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range so you could receive interviews.
do you think it is possible to receive an acceptance with a 495?

Don't be down on yourself for your MCAT. You will never be asked your MCAT score ever, after you go to school

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
PCT - little over a yr
clinical research coordinator - current - about to be a yr
volunteer in primary care/hiv clinic - 3 yrs
undergrad research and clinical research - with awards
scholarship 3x recipient
undergrad club president

I know my score is low so please be nice - I have studied over a year and still not high enough. don't know if I can do it any more bc the mcat has drained me like no other. I have used every resource (uglobe, Kaplan books, aamc materials, Anki) and studied like every person would have recommended.
I can't sugar coat this, your MCAT is lethal for al but the newest (and least reputable) DO schools. The score put you into a risk zone for failing Boards and/or flunking out of med school.

You need a retake and score > 500. >505, even better

Reactions: 1 user