WAMC MD 3.8 512

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hulksmash15

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I applied to DO, MD, and Texas schools for this cycle. I have had a lot of success with DO and Texas schools but have heard nothing from MD schools. I'm super excited about my acceptances and my interview invites, especially in Texas because my partner is from there and we would love to be by his family! I guess my question is do you guys think I will have any MD success? Is my school list ok? My top school is Long in San Antonio and haven't heard back from them. When is a good time to maybe send letters of intent or interest? Is there anything I can do to improve my school list or app at this point? Should I add any more DO or MD Schools?

I applied and finished all of my applications early June or July.
  1. cGPA: 3.80 sGPA: 3.63
  2. MCAT score(s) and breakdown: 512 (127/128/130/127)
  3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): Idaho
  4. Ethnicity and/or race: White male
  5. Undergraduate institution or category: BYU Provo. Spanish major
  6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 1000 ER Medical scribe; 525 hours as CNA in retirement home, 400 hours volunteering as a medical interpreter.
  7. Research experience and productivity: 370 Research hours no publications, 1 presentation at research conference with team.
  8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: 80 hours, FM, ER, ENT, Peds, OBGYN, Plastic Surgery,
  9. Non-clinical volunteering: 230+ Hours working with multiple LGBTQ organizations, Served a mission in Peru for two years for my church, volunteered with the pre medical club 80 hours.
  10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): Baylor SOM Diversity conference, Anatomy Teaching Assistant, Worked at Target in Retail as a team manager, Premedical club, 640 hours working with teens in rehab with addiction issues.
  11. Relevant honors or awards: Some scholarships but thats it.
  12. Anything else not listed you think might be important: I am gay and with my work with the LGBTQ community, I wrote about my coming out experience. I also worked as a camera operator for a TV channel which i wrote about. My personal statement focused on clinical experiences I have had and how they have pushed me to wanting to work in a rural community like I grew up in in Idaho. I speak Spanish fluently along with conversational Portuguese.
  13. School List : MD: Kaiser Permanente, NYU Grossman and Long Island, Oregon, Sidney Kimmel, University of Utah, Tufts, UCSF, University of Central Florida, Colorado, Kansas, University of Washington WWAMI Program, Creighton, George Washington,
  14. DO: ICOM (Accepted!), KCU (II), Rocky Vista (Accepted!), NOORDA (II), Touro-NV (II), Incarnate Word, Western U - Oregon (II)
  15. Texas - UTMB Galveston (II), TCOM (II), University of Houston (II), Sam Houston (II), Baylor, Mcgovern, Ut Tyler, Texas Tech, Texas A and M, UT Austin, Long in San Antonio (Top school!!)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.